05mustang gt Roush airintake

One2One

Jul 14, 2009
Hinesville ga
Hi This is the first time that im posting here. I just bought a 05 mustang gt 5 spd, and i have no regrets of changing my rx8 for it. anyways im posting here to ask you guys a few things. i bought a roush air intake but it came with a plastic in the middle of the tube that is removable. i know i need a tuner in order for me to take it off but i was wondering will i also need a bigger mass air sensor? so it can work better or the tunner will just do it? also is going to be the first time that im going to use the SCT tunner, i was wondering if the preload option will work with the roush airintake or i going to have to reprogram it myself? (wondering cuz i dont know anything about that :shrug: ..................

Also i going to buy a short shifter but im not sure witch one. the roush short shifter or the Hurst.

Thank you guys so much for your help! :SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

You don't need a bigger MAF sensor, just use the stock one. If you take out the insert you will definitely need a tune. I would go with a reputable tuner and not rely on a canned sct tune. Bamachips, Brenspeed or VMP would be a good choice, there will be a big difference between their tunes and the sct tune.

Good choice of car to trade for :D as for your shifters it's up to your personal preference, but if you are going to drop 250-300$ for a shifter then look at MGW as well. I have heard nothing but great reviews from the people that have this shifter in their 'Stang...