06 Cobra

GelatiCruiser said:
Rival the M3 in what way? Most Gt's can hang/handle an M3 :shrug:

The quality. I have to admit the M3 is built much better than a GT. I have a friend who has an '03 Dk. Gray M3 and it puts my GT to shame. In an article I've read in one of these mags, one of the Ford guys said that the Cobra was to be upgraded quality wise to rival the Vette, BMW M class cars. If that's the case, than that Cobra will probably have a $$$$ cost of the Vette/BMW.

• Sponsors (?)

Vyto2-- That's not eleanor, it's a shelby... this is eleanor:

Yea the shelby looks so much different .. wow you added decals-
Is that rear spoiler Glued on there?

SVTDRIVER- Why would think the rear tail thing isn't going to happen?
will if you look at the 05' concept pics, there far from what's going to be on production model. Right?

Ford has made up there mind with this design over the concepts.
if there a 06- Cobra or shelby it's going to be an 06 mustang with decals.
carry over the shelby name plate-
Performance should be there- but not Different tail lights just for a SVT -cobra or shelby.

that's like say the cobra or shelby will have a V-10

Sorry it not going to happen- it's all talk

Ok maybe I 'm not understanding you. But what does Ford's design choice of rear end. Have to do with the aftermarket making a rear spoiler? I'm willing to bet the aftermarket will have plenty of rear spoilers.

SVTdriver said:
Ok maybe I 'm not understanding you. But what does Ford's design choice of rear end. Have to do with the aftermarket making a rear spoiler? I'm willing to bet the aftermarket will have plenty of rear spoilers.

yea i'm sure there will be a hand full of companys making rear spoilers-

about the rear end- Ford will not change up the Tail lights just for one model
I would find it hard to believe,Ford would change tail lights after only one year.

If svt- shelby planed for 07' -08' it may be different story

no I think there going to be more spoiler for the model then an other year.
It's got the best body lines for different looks.

i trying to think of some designs my self that people may like.
it's good to see some people photoshoping pics, gives better ideas to what people like or dislike .

Yeah it's an add on spoiler, ford isn't going to make all new quarter panels and trunk for one model. However, tail lights is another story. All 67, 68 and 69 shelbys did have different tail lights than the regular run of mustangs those years, or did you forget smart guy?

vyto2 said:
Yeah it's an add on spoiler, ford isn't going to make all new quarter panels and trunk for one model. However, tail lights is another story. All 67, 68 and 69 shelbys did have different tail lights than the regular run of mustangs those years, or did you forget smart guy?

Nope, didn't forget.

You have to understand, times have Changed.
there's no 429's Boss 302's ..

i just don't see it for any production model.

Bone Racing said:
i hear the 06 cobra will have a paddle shifter option...like the one in the ford owned "aston martin"

just a rumor :D

I read that somewhere also. That a paddle shift option could be available in the next generation Cobra. Hell the new Z06 is probably going to have it so
if they want to compete with the Vette then they need to do it.

WOW. :nice: I sure hope Ford doesn't end up doing what was done with the Viper or ZO6 and have the dealerships start raising prices before they even get them released. They WILL sell and I don't expect us to get any price break on them. :rolleyes: I truly think this car is the best looking car to come out of Detroit since the 1969 Mustangs. Simply beautiful to look at. :hail2:

autoXr1 said:
WOW. :nice: I sure hope Ford doesn't end up doing what was done with the Viper or ZO6 and have the dealerships start raising prices before they even get them released. They WILL sell and I don't expect us to get any price break on them. :rolleyes: I truly think this car is the best looking car to come out of Detroit since the 1969 Mustangs. Simply beautiful to look at. :hail2:
I agree, and that is why I am going to keep my '69 Mach 1 and get the next SVT Mustang when it comes out.......

(long time browser, first time poster, lol)