06 Gt Fuel Presure Drop When Accelerating

Weston75

Aug 24, 2017
Oregon
06 mustang GT, 180K Miles, good upkeep, fuel filter replaced every other oil change

when the vehicle has been driving for more than 20-30 minutes, the fuel rail pressure drops to 10-20 kPa when I want to accelerate fast but as soon as I let off the gas it jumps back up. when idle, or cruising it is at 270 - 279 kPa. slow acceleration it jumps above 300 but quickly comes back down.

no fuel regulator, fly by wire, stock everything except for F1 ford racing exhaust. Monitoring with a garmin mechanic

I just had the alternator replaced after 2 diodes failed, it drove fine for about a week but the issue popped up again.

this problem has been going on since the middle of summer 2016 and it got worse over time. At first I thought it was bad fuel because it only happened 2 times when I was on a road trip. When this summer got started it just happens randomly after 20 min. or so of driving when I try to accelerate quickly.

The fuel pump is just over 2 years old, got a new one after the sending unit failed, I got a new stock replacement.

looking for any ideas on how to fix this, going to get the fuel pump checked in a few weeks when I have the money

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)