06 GT Sputtering between 3K-4K RPM

splitwindow

Oct 31, 2006
Alright, before I take it into the dealer and deal with the headache, I figured I'd ask for some opinions. I have an 06 GT that just started sputtering between the 3,000 and 4,000 RPM range when cruising. I noticed it last night on my way home from work. I was in that awkward "can't shift to 3rd due to traffic but pushing 4,000 RPM in 2nd to keep up" mode when I noticed my car kind of sputtering every few seconds. When I'd step down on the gas it was alright, but when keeping it steady it would do it. Any suggestions on what it might be? I just hate going into the dealer and not having a clue as to what is going on. That is why my Kenne Bell is sitting in my garage and not yet installed. It seems this car has warranty issues every 1500 miles or so and I don't want to give the dealer any reason to not fix my car. Let me know what you guys think!:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

Could be the Fuel Pump TSB actually. Just tell them it sputters and feels like the engine isn't getting enough fuel and they should fix it. That's what I told the dealer for mine and they said "sure thing, we'll fix it right away." Of course it took a few days because they had to ship the part in, but they fixed it with no questions asked.