06 mustang automatic transmission problems

Xjm928

Feb 15, 2020
New Jersey
I have a 06 mustang gt with an automatic transmission. I have been having problems with my car not shifting past 3200 rpm. My O/D light keeps flashing when I drive the car, which causes me to think it’s in limp mode. I rebuilt the transmission, everything is new except for the transmission case. The problem is still there. I believe it could be my trans wiring harness, but I was only able to find a wire harness on eBay for an 03-05 Lincoln aviator. It has the same transmission as mine, the 5r55s. Will this wiring harness work for my car or will it be a waste of money?

• Sponsors(?)

don ruggles

Jan 11, 2013
Yes, sounds like wiring harness to trans. I'd take it to good ford dealer and let them check it. They can troubleshoot and repair harness if that's the problem.

TheChad88

Jun 11, 2017
I may be wrong so if I am someone please correct me, but Chevrolet’s shortly after the year 2000 got rid of the PCM and split engine control and transmission control into 2 separate modules. Assuming that Ford went the same route then after you rebuilt the transmission the TCM (transmission control module) would need to be reprogrammed and the shift points relearned.
I do work in the service department of a Chevy dealership so I could be dead wrong.

all knowledge and corrections are accepted.