06 mustang automatic transmission problems

Xjm928

Feb 15, 2020
New Jersey
I have a 06 mustang gt with an automatic transmission. I have been having problems with my car not shifting past 3200 rpm. My O/D light keeps flashing when I drive the car, which causes me to think it’s in limp mode. I rebuilt the transmission, everything is new except for the transmission case. The problem is still there. I believe it could be my trans wiring harness, but I was only able to find a wire harness on eBay for an 03-05 Lincoln aviator. It has the same transmission as mine, the 5r55s. Will this wiring harness work for my car or will it be a waste of money?

• Sponsors (?)

I may be wrong so if I am someone please correct me, but Chevrolet’s shortly after the year 2000 got rid of the PCM and split engine control and transmission control into 2 separate modules. Assuming that Ford went the same route then after you rebuilt the transmission the TCM (transmission control module) would need to be reprogrammed and the shift points relearned.
I do work in the service department of a Chevy dealership so I could be dead wrong.

all knowledge and corrections are accepted.