Electrical 06 Mustang Gt Alarm Goes Off. Cannot Disarm.

jamesmarkof

Aug 25, 2013
Hey guys,

Every once in a while, again - not every time, when I hit the open key on my remote to get in the car, the car starts honking, - as in anti theft system goes off. Putting the key in the ignition and turning it does not stop it. The car won't start. The honking is not continuous, it honks with intervals. It goes on honking for about 15 seconds, then shuts off. From that point anything you do, like put the key back in the ignition or open/close a door or trunk, the alarm goes off again and won't stop no matter what you do. It shuts off on its own after about 15 seconds. The only way to stop it and start the car is to disconnect the battery, put the key in the ignition and turn it, then reconnect the battery. That fixes the problem. But again, it happens again at some random future point. It has happened to me 3 times and has caused enough embarrassment in parking lots.

I just have a factory anti-theft system.

Does anyone have any clues?

Thanks.

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

I posted a thread in the general section about an electrical issue I was having. My cowl drain on the passenger side plugged & I wound up with a ton of water on the floor. It turns out that the smart junction box (SJB) got soaked. I started getting weird things like this also. If you can get you car on a lift have someone check the drains from the bottom. I had about 2 gallons of water trapped in there.