06 stang cams

Bill88Stang

Founding Member
Mar 8, 2000
Palm Coast FL
has anyone replaced the cams in there 05-06 stangs yet im wondering if there is a tool to hold the cam gear so you do not have to removed the front cover. anderson ford motorsports has one for the 2 valve but it does not say if its compatible for the 3 valve.

• Sponsors (?)

Bill88Stang said:
has anyone replaced the cams in there 05-06 stangs yet im wondering if there is a tool to hold the cam gear so you do not have to removed the front cover. anderson ford motorsports has one for the 2 valve but it does not say if its compatible for the 3 valve.

I haven't seen any aftermarket cams for the 3V 4.6 yet. Even if the AFM tool worked on the 3V, I wouldn't use it. I would like to know that my cams are where they are supposed to be, and that means degreeing them in. Using a tool such as the AFM, will not let you degree cams in. Just my $0.02.

BBR screwed themselves when they started talking about their cams. they made promises they could not keep, and said 400 hp at the wheels with thier cam. then they only got like 385 with every imaginable bolt-on. just the general way that they handled themselves makes most want nothing to do with them. i would not buy their cam even if it did get 400 rwhp, just based on the way they handled business. :notnice:

I guess the driveability sucks. He hey if I'm putting 406 down Naturally aspirated, then I would car about driveability. I love seeing older cars and sit there and hardly idle. They sound so bada$$. I friend of mine has a 69 with a bored and stroked 351W approx 414Ci. It was great pulling up a stop light and sitting nect a ricer. Hugida Hugida Hugida HAHAHAHAHAHA BYBY.

JTGrant said:
that was also the noise of fuel injectors. The were not stock.

lmao thats a flat out LIE i put in at least 500 injectors a year into cars and have NEVER heard ANY aftemarket injector like that

bbr just welded up the stock cams and use SOLID lifter folowers.

it clacked like all hell and did NOT Make the power they publicly claimed it made.