07GT LED 3rd brakelight issues

08cali

Nov 29, 2007
Hey guys,
installed a smoked LED 3rd brake light from American Muscle, it works when you hit the brakes fine, but have noticed that the light is on when the brakes are off, not at full illumination power, but you can see the led's are drawing current and if you look at them dead on, you can see they are on .Any ideas? I may have to send this back.They shouldnt be on at all when no brakes are applied, no matter how subtle it is.This is on an 07 GT for what it's worth

• Sponsors (?)

Whats wrong with them being slightly on normally? as long as they light up bright when u brake, thats how the normal 2 filament tailight/brakelight works. that would be an added benefit for me.

Have you checked the plug with a multimeter? I would assume there should not be voltage there until the brakes are hit. If there is, then perhaps you need to see why. The 3rd brakelight should just be a dumb light right? There isn't any logic or circuitry in it is there? I am like you though, I wouldn't want it to be slightly on.

Have you checked the plug with a multimeter? I would assume there should not be voltage there until the brakes are hit. If there is, then perhaps you need to see why. The 3rd brakelight should just be a dumb light right? There isn't any logic or circuitry in it is there? I am like you though, I wouldn't want it to be slightly on.

I heard from the company that sold me the light, he said Ford switched up the electronics in the middle of the build year for 2007, so this particular light will not work,for some 2007's and 2008-09. I think a resistor would do the trick though.