08 Crown Vic 2v Engine Work For 99gt??

• Sponsors (?)

Yes, For the Ford Panther line (Grand Marquis, Crown Vic, Town Car) the 4.6 will interchange from 2001+ until the end of production.

Search on Windsor to Romeo swap. Tons of people have done it (including myself).

Think about it. Ford created the Modular line of motors in an effort to improve interchange across different product lines. Why? To save $$'s.

The long blocks are the SAME. What makes the performance different between a Mustang and a the Panther line are things that are basically bolted onto the motor. For example intake, fuel delivery, exhaust, and perhaps most importantly. PCM TUNE.

If you heard that the Town Car's motor is different, it might be helpful if you researched exactly which model years in question.

Clearly any Ford car that came with a DOHC motor is going to be different from the SOHC used in the Mustang.

The ability to support Flex fuel is a function of Larger injectors, O2's, and tune to support the increase in fuel volume when using E85. Again this is stuff bolted ONTO the motor. All stuff that you won't use when the motor is transplanted into the Mustang.

Since you are going to use the Mustang's fuel injectors the difference won't affect this project.

There is also a possibility that if this were a fleet car there's an external oil cooler on the motor. The external oil cooler will not work in a Mustang application. So swap the block to oil filter adapters.

Again, put both blocks on an engine stand and make the new motor look like the old. If there's any doubt about which parts to use, use the Mustang's. The core of the long blocks are the same.

This is a good swap. What are you waiting for? Jump in the water's fine.

@wmburns will any of the crown Vic short blocks come with the smaller CC dish in order to increase compression? I’m getting this idea from Richard Holdener where he used a 96 GT short block and the heads from PI.

how Will this affect PTV with stage 2 or 3 comp cams degrees my MHS in Florida?

my goal is to make a low 300 whp N/A daily out of my 2002 GT.