$1.3 million Mustang? I want what they are Smoking

90lxcoupe

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Oct 7, 2003
I read the article for this car in Hot Rod magazine and i was far from impressed. In my personal opinion, the car is ugly, the interior is cool, the motor is designed to look stunning, but thats about it.

Hot Rod challenged them to bring the car to willow spring raceway, put a pro behind the wheel, and drive the wheels off of it... well they couldnt get the electronic TKO to shift out of first, and when the driver brought it back to the pits it puked coolant everywhere. I cant believe they are still asking over a million dollars for a car that cant complete a lap around a road course. :shrug: (if they did get to really beat on it i can only imagine what the air intake temps would be seeing that the intercoolers are on top of the motor)

http://www.obsidiansg1.com/makeanoffer.htm -- for more info on this excuse for a supercar.

• Sponsors (?)

I saw the article. From what i remember there were a lot of engineering "mistakes" with the car. Looked like the shop built the car with design favored over functionality.

simplicity goes a long way when you are trying for drivability and power.

whats ironic to me is that some jackass millionaire WILL buy that car, but the Chevy II that won drag week in the same issue would have trouble selling for over $30k... the mustang cant get out of its own way and will bring over a million, and the Chevy II will run 7.50's with no trailer, and people will argue that it isnt streetable. :scratch:

the thing that kills the look of the car for me is the hood, those vents on the fender, and the front bumper, I think if they were a little more subtle on the front end i'd like it more. But i guess its supposed to be over the top, and it definitly pulls that look off

That thing looks like a 1967 version of KITT in attack mode; I want to see the guy that buys this codpiece of a Mustang.

They're using the exact same Stewart Warner gauges that I've been buying off eBay for 15 bucks new. :rlaugh:

it says something like "quite possibly the fastest street able 67" lol......yeah i bet.....:nice:
im sure i can find a local guy who knows the differnece btween buying power and making power with less than 15k into his 67 that will run the hell out of it....:flag:

sadly the guy who buys it will be thinking he got a sweet deal.....it cant be a true mustang enthusiast that will purchase it just a rich dumb guy....that has his 14year old son picking cars out for him to collect or something...the price tag must mean its good right?????:stupid:
a true enthusaist would spend 250-500k tops on a mint gt500 or 429 or something with original paint,and fingerprints from mr.shelby.. oh well the economy needs dollar circulation so...
good luck with the sale

I actually dont care for the look... Keep your $1.3 mil, I could do a hell of a lot better for a hell of a lot less, and buy myself a nice MANSION with the remaining cash :D.

fixed. :nice:

That thing looks like a 1967 version of KITT in attack mode; I want to see the guy that buys this codpiece of a Mustang.

They're using the exact same Stewart Warner gauges that I've been buying off eBay for 15 bucks new. :rlaugh:

good to know they put only the best in the car. If they bought 20 dollar guages I'd hate to see what the bottom end looks like.

If i had money to flush down the toilet i'd call up Nelson Racing Engines and have him build me a turnkey 1500 hp small block. :drool:

save the obsidian's for the barret jackson crowd

good to know they put only the best in the car. If they bought 20 dollar guages I'd hate to see what the bottom end looks like.

Dont get me wrong theyre great gauges and they still retail for $60+, but if I was building a 1.3 mil Mustang I'd have some of those expensive Autometers... that you know, do extra stuff.

Now I can tell people that I have gauges they use in a million dollar car. :nice:

Their excuse for the price seems to be that they spent 15,000 hours butchering the car. If anyone is interested, I'd be willing to have you send me your pristine 1967 fastback and agree to spend 15,000 hours hitting it with a sledgehammer. I can't promise it will be anywhere near as ugly as the car shown nor could I promise the same level of humiliation that the ownership of that car would bring, but I would be willing to offer that service for a paltry $650,000