1/4 mile et goal

MustangGlx

Apr 2, 2003
Connecticut
I wanna run somwhere in the 13.5 area before summer is over, i have a 69 grande w/ 302 with the following mods.
Ported and polised Hi-Po 289 heads
edelbrock performer intake manifold ( right now im shoppinf for a used weiand X-celerator)
Comp cams Magnum Muscle 282S Cam
lift .528 intake & exhaust
durration at .050 236
Lobe seperation 110
Holley 650cfm 4bbl double pumper
Msd 6a ignition w/ blaster II coil
Hedman torque step long tube headers
Shelby style side exit exhaust w/glasspack mufflers
borg warner t-10
9" locker rear with 3.89 gears
centerforce II clutch and preasure plate
hurst competition plus shifter
and traction bars

any guesses on what i might have for power at the wheels and what i might be able to run now, and what it would take to run in the mid 13's? any insight would be appriciated, thanks, Joe

• Sponsors (?)

I would have to agree with everybody else, get rid of the performer and get something better. I love my airgap, some say go single plane though. If you have another set of tires get some slicks or put drag radials on there as well and I don't see why you shouldn't see 13s.

I am with the others. Get an RPM, RPM air gap, or a mild single plane and you should see 13's no problem. A set of ET streets or drag radials will help greatly as well.
I run little 215/60 14 BFG drag radials with my mild combo below and ran a 13.23 this past weekend.

One other thing holding you back is those exhaust ports, unless they were opened up a LOT.

But as others said, you should be getting pretty close to mid 13s once you dump that RV manifold. Check out the VicJr too.

MustangGlx said:
based on what you all ahve said i really need an intake manifold, and from what it looks like an rpm air gap is the way to go? is that the best for my application in your opinions?
Ask 100 people and you'll get 99 different opinions :D

The RPM-AG is about as agressive as you can get with a dual plane manifold. Dual planes are generally more mild than a single plane and operate in a lower RPM band with more torque and less HP. Single plane manifolds can get very extreme and the racing versions will easilly eclipse any dual plane.

Are you running any equipment that requires significant vacuum (like power brakes)?

Not to hi-jack but i have a similair question my current setup with a very strong rebuilt 302 (dont know year sorry probably original engine)

270s cam
Performer Intake
Hipo Manifolds
auburn posi with 3.50 gears
Shift kit

With an auto tranny, what kinda E.T could i expect.. possibly 14's? Btw its a 66 A code coupe.

66_stang said:
Not to hi-jack but i have a similair question my current setup with a very strong rebuilt 302 (dont know year sorry probably original engine)

270s cam
Performer Intake
Hipo Manifolds
auburn posi with 3.50 gears
Shift kit

With an auto tranny, what kinda E.T could i expect.. possibly 14's? Btw its a 66 A code coupe.
I had the same combo,ran 13.90's-14.20's