1/4 mile times for SCed 97 cobra?!?!

• Sponsors (?)

zo0mistic said:
I got 1997 mustang cobra Vortech supercharger vs-1 8 psi boost, 3.27 gears, Stock Cats, FLOWmaster Exhaust, Tremec 3350 tranny. WHAT kinda 1/4 mile times do you think I Can get? With stock 275 width tires or with slicks.

I'm gonna swag a totally wild guess based on what you're sayin' about the Cobra and say very low to mid 12's. :shrug:

Add an experienced driver (not saying you're not- I don't know 'ya), 3.55 gears, a set of DR's and I say we're definitely talkin' low 12's.
:banana:

Sounds to me that the biggest problem in a 1320' race (with what's listed in mods, anyway) might be a lack of traction....... particularly at the launch.
But then again, you might cut 1.50/ 60 ft. times........ Remember- I don't know 'ya ;)

Let us know when you take it to the track........ I'd be interested in knowin' what it runs myself.
:nice:

It all depends on traction and how you drive. I talked to a guy at a car show with a vert with 12lbs of boost, 4.10 gears, BFG G-Force KDWS tires and H-pipe with flows and he only ran a 13.30 at 115MPH. That time is slow, but his MPH is enough to run high 11's. He said the tires just would not stop spinning. ANother thing is that the stock gears in your car is really holding it back. Your should get at least 3.73 gears with a blower, you carn go 4.10, but I ahve heard that is too steep a gear witha Vortech Supercharger. I would say high 12's to low 13's. You need to get some good tires and gears. If your not happy with your time, just pay attention to your MPH