1/4 time for 347

ashford

Dec 19, 2003
fargo ND
gave my new motor a try today it fell somewhere between my hopes and expectations.

Motor- 11:1 347 eagle stroker parts, afr 165's, e303 cam, stealth intake, bbk headers and 2.5 mandrel bent exhaust, stock recalibrated duraspark, accel 300+ignition , 750dp, tci c-4, and 3.08 out back.

i can definately feel a great torque increase over the 302(same setup minus carb) but top end falls off, im blamin the heads and intake. anyways i cant seem to hook up this run was done on a hot bog and netted me some better traction, normally 1st gear is useless.

hey btw this is a 80's capri does this qualify for classic mustang since its over the drinking age?

im car 512 on the left
attachment.php

• Sponsors (?)

I guess im not doing too bad then , just ran a 7.83 at 89 mph two weeks ago with my combo in my foxbody with this combo 306 CI, 11.5 compression , edelbrock RPM heads, X303 cam , cobra EFI intake , sway bar off and ebay subframes but otherwise , BONE STOCK SUSPENSION WITH TOKICO HP SHOCKS...........car is leaving so hard if you dont power shift second, the front is pulling down so hard it looks like its gonna scrape the front bumper off before you hit second , here is a pic of the car .... one pass it spun really bad , ran a 8.16 and trapped 91.76 mph .....

http://dirtydirtyracing.com/cr01.jpg

The e cam and gears are holding you back but traction is your biggest problem right now. Your 60 foot time is bad. Get some good tires and watch those times dip into the low to mid 12's easily. I have timeslips at 109 mph in the 12.0-12.2 range.

Mustang Matt:
I don't know how they do it at his track or your's but at Atlanta Dragway you go up against whoever you pull up against in the street legal class. It could be a 10 second Mustang or a 16 second Camaro.:D

my buddy has been running his 347 in the 7.80's, but he drives it like a girl and shifts at 6,000 and the guy that put the motor in had the timing backed way off and the valves were also loose.So next week we will if it get a low/mid 7.

Mine wont pass tech at this time:(

my buddy has been running his 347 in the 7.80's, but he drives it like a girl and shifts at 6,000 and the guy that put the motor in had the timing backed way off and the valves were also loose.So next week we will if it get a low/mid 7.

Mine wont pass tech at this time:(
Come down here and try it. They don't look for that at our tracks.:D

I guess you took the stuff of your 302 and put it on a 347?

The car definetly needs some gear and you can still cut a better 60ft on just about any street tires. I used to pull 2.12-2.15s on my 235/60/15 radial t/as, so it can be done. But it is falling on its face in the 1/4. It only backhalved 21 mph.

The heads are eh. But if you have a decent shortblock, you probably could make 50-60rwhp more keeping those heads, getting a different cam and tuning the car.

Right now I would guess the thing makes 270-280 rwhp or so with the c4.
With tuning, it should be up around 300.