1/4 window moulding Lets see what you guys did to fix or cover yours up

Tstang90

Founding Member
Jun 21, 2000
Long Island,NY
I have a buddy who has a 89 hatch his 1/4 window mouldings are shot. I am a vert owner so have no experience w/ these. What has everyone done to cure this issue? I see some cover up mouldings for sale as well as some that have them repaired.

Any pics or comments are very helpful.

• Sponsors (?)

I just fixed mine.....I first removed them and sanded them down very good, then I used a filler that has a flexible agent in it. sanded them again and painted them. I dont have any pictures of them to send to you though.
good luck

rowdie- stang said:
I just fixed mine.....I first removed them and sanded them down very good, then I used a filler that has a flexible agent in it. sanded them again and painted them. I dont have any pictures of them to send to you though.
good luck

what kind of filler w/ flexible agent in it? whats it called, where did u get it?

my moldings make my car look old and uncared for

Tstang90 said:
Yea I was wondering if anyone had pics of those covers installed.

A company named JMS is actually coming out with a quarter panel side scoop for hatch mustangs its 400$ , they have one for the newer models that make them look like fast backs, but now u can make ur fox look like a fast back. the side scoop inserts where the old molding used to be.!!!! i bet it'll look awesome!

it replaces the rear quarter panel, so it looks like u just have 2 front windows.

those "covers" they make suck. i dont know if the brands differ, but my buddy got em and they will not stay attched to the car. they would look decent, ya know better than the rot underneath, but they just didnt work out very well.

I have the covers on my car, they guy before me had them laying around when i bought the car. My mouldings look horrendous, so i put them on, i used silicone, window sealer. It is flexible, lightweight, and strong. I've had no problems with them flying off my car. They do stick out somewhat, and if they arnt aligned, they can hit your car door when you close it. They are better then pitted window moldings though. I'd post a pic, but my dad is borrowing my camera for work :notnice: PM me in like a week, and I'll take some pics if you are still interested.

Heres what I did .
Went to the U-pull it .. found a coupe 1/4 window for 5$ ( lucky me)
I sanded on that bad boy for days ..started at like 80 grit and went all the way to 000 steel wool ...

I woiuld sugest taping off the glass real well .. start wet sanding at about 150 grit .. If you use Ford's flat black bumber paint it will act as a filler..
My project went so well that when my car was being repainted .. I did the same to my own 1/4 windows..

youy guys with GT's think that glass is hard to find ...try it with a coupe. I would post a pic of the final Product ....but there Huge files ...baaaa

Good luck

Red88 coupe