1 inch wheel spacer opinions???

robg860

Mar 2, 2004
Hello, Ive gotten tired of my recessed in look of the wheels on my 99 GT. There is a 1 inch spacer set hubcentric that pushes out the wheel for a much more aggressive look front and back. Evens them up with the fenders.They look great on my Porsche also. Has anyone else tried these. They are nice quality and $140 per set. You could even get 1 1/2 for the rears if you want?????

• Sponsors (?)

nyuk98gt said:
robg860:

HI, I can get them from a good source now. Just didnt know how far to go 1'' vs. 1 1/2 inches on the back. Definately 1 inch on the fronts. Now the tires look recessed in when looking down the side of the car front to back. I plan on fixing that problem! Cost about 140 front, 180 back, but probably worth it!

robg860:

The clearance between the sidewall and fender edge on my '98 is 1-3/8" (35 mm) so I went with the 25 mm spacer. I could have used a 30 mm spacer but I did not want to have any clearance issues if I put a slightly fatter tire on.

You can run a search (here, Corral.net), too, and you will find a few places offer hubcentric wheel adapters for less moolah than the H&Rs.

Chris