1 month of the 351C and its broke

porkchop

Founding Member
Aug 17, 2002
Waxhaw North Carolina
Well i took the stang to the neighbors house and he was checking out why the #4 cyl. was not compressing. well he checked the valves and pushrods and he concluded that it was the piston. so he is going to take the head off and check stuff out. Well if it screwed up the block that means one of two things. rebuild the motor or get another motor. I found a guy that has a 351W for sale but he has to check with the other guy first but if he dosnt want it he will sell it to me. It is a 351W with a FMX tranny hooked up to it. It has about 2,200 miles on it since it has been rebuilt. It is a modded engine. Im not sure of the extent of the mods but he said its putting out over 400 hp. he wants $850 for the egine and tranny combo. that deal sounds pretty good. or i could buy another 351C 2vthat has been rebuilt and i could put my 4v heads on it and i could buy a bigger cam and lifters and an intake and carb on it. I believe that will cost about $350 for that motor. So out of these options which do yall think i should go for if the block on my motor is messed up and needs to be bored out.

• Sponsors (?)

up to you - clevelands are strong as hell on their own, but the windsors have more options for customization and don't come with those massive ports...i say it's 6 of one, half dozen of the other. go with whatever's cheaper or comes by first

yeah i havnt figured up the price of building the 2v cleveland. It might be a little bit more money than the 351W but i could build the cleveland the way i want it. I am kind of leaning toward the 351C because the car came with a Cleveland in it origionally