1 of 50 consoles made????

1320stang...Thanks for posting it :nice:

TJfromSA, this is really interesting. The pic even has the horse running the other direction. Definately have a keeper here. Wonder how many they made with cup holders if any?

:flag: Gotta love the help around here.

• Sponsors (?)

Another folklore from the Mustang legend solved, in record time no less. Ya just gotta love what the internet has done for this hobby. :nice: And leave it to good ole JC-Whitney no less. So this is likely the second generation of the tray, after all those drive in folk bought this unit and then complained about no spot for their drinks. :rolleyes: Can you imagine what a piece of crap thin plastic an item like this would be today, and probably $45 too. :p

Pakrat said:
Another folklore from the Mustang legend solved, in record time no less. Ya just gotta love what the internet has done for this hobby. :nice: And leave it to good ole JC-Whitney no less. So this is likely the second generation of the tray, after all those drive in folk bought this unit and then complained about no spot for their drinks. :rolleyes: Can you imagine what a piece of crap thin plastic an item like this would be today, and probably $45 too. :p

Naw, it would have just got in the way. Back seat was too small. :rolleyes:

Honestly, seeing it like this almost would make me suspect that this isn't a ford item at all actually. I just can't see them doing it with a reverse casting for any good reason.

There's two likely reasons I can think for an after-market item to have the silhouette reversed. It could have been a way to avoid copyright infringement -and/or- when making the master mold for the casting, they laid a Ford corral center down, traced around the outside (for an accurate replication) and milled out the inside of the tracing. Given the flatness of the image, I think the later is a strong possibility.

NotoriousGT350, Thanks for sharing! I love finding old, vintage accessories.