1" sway bar

nugget68

Sep 26, 2005
Are these hollow? I have one on my 68 that apparently isnt for it. I ordered it from Dallas Mustang and waited a while before I put it on after I ordered it and it was too late to send back. The sway bar hangs down too low. It needs to be about two inches closer up to the motor. I was thinking of heating it and bending it up. I know heating it will cause it to bee weaker, but it still has to be better than the stock one...

• Sponsors (?)

get the right one.....

You want to donate me some money? haha!!! I really need to get the right one, but I figured I could make this work...I drove my car for the first time in over year this weekend. I rebuit the front suspension about a year ago and went to start it up and my float was sticking so I kinda got frustrated and walked away from it for a while. Got it running now, but the springs that I got are wrong, so I ordered new ones for it and dont have the money right now for the sway bar. I replaced the Lower control arms, rebuit the uppers, put roller perches, new tie rods and ball joints, new GR 2 shocks front and rear, and new springs. I havent even aligned it yet and I can already say it handles 10x better. I just need those springs changed and get the sway bar fixed and I should be good for the front end...

Get the right springs THEN look at your sway bar. It may be that you only need to change the end links. OR your new springs may make everything line up correctly.
You just might be on to something, sometimes the obvious things are the ones that you over look...I went back and looked at some pics I have of the sway bar on my pc and looks like maybe the end links are too long...can anyone measure their endlinks for me and see how long they are so I can compare?