$10,900 2003 Mustang Mach 1 : Good deal??

999cm999

May 26, 2011
A local dealer is selling a metallic gray '03 Mach I for $10,900

Here are the details:

2003 Mustang Mach1 : $10,900
102,000 miles
5speed
new tires
leather
Shaker hood
double overhead cam
after market exhaust
excellent condition

Does this sound like a good deal? I've been looking for a 5-speed GT, but I saw this Mach I that happens to be a 5 speed.

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

I wouldn't pay that price, offer them at least 2 grand less, see where they are on it. The dealership I bought my 2000Gt from with 60k on it was asking 10,900 for the car. I walked out the door for 7200.

Not bad, it's probably a DSG Mach which is one of the better color options imo. Sounds like the only thing that isn't stock is exhaust. I would say about a grand less would be a good deal. The miles are just a little too high for that price for me but if you think its worth it then it is.

I think you could get it for a flat $10K or even the high $9's. Not sure what you can afford. Depends on what satisfies you. For $2K more you could get a Mach with half those miles, easy. Not saying a 100,000 mile Mach can't look cherry, but (to me) the less miles means it had thousands of less beat-on miles before you took ownership. If your a decent mechanic, then it's a moot point.

Even with the high miles, remember it is a collector car, which is something that costs money. A comparable GT will always be less. 9K is a good starting spot, but probably more aggressive than a dealer will go if you're financing. Cash in hand always carries its own weight.

What is your location?

Ever notice how when you attempt to find a car value on KBB it asks you for your zip code? The car market varies from location to location.

In western PA, a 60,000 mile Mach 1 seems to go for $12,000 to $14,000. The price of the one you are looking at seems about right, but I would save for one with less miles.