10$ dollar solution to dulling headlights

• Sponsors (?)

you use a standard applicator pad, NOT a terry cloth, that won't do anything valuable... except waste the product and your money (wrong type of value... :D) anyway, apply it like wax, on a clean surface, then let cake for about 20 min, the remove w/ a 100% white cotton Made in USA towel... I do about 4 coats each time I do it, which is about 4 times a year... whenever I wax my car...

Zach...Youre now a Super Stallion....1000 POSTS!

whore.jpg

RC

mytight95,

Hey, I'm glad you posted this info and those who provided follow-up. I bought some Meguiar's plastic polish which did a whole lotta nothing on my headlights. I also discovered that my foglights were painted over. Any suggestions on this? I'm sure green foglights look way ricey going down the road. However, this might be a good excuse to get my wife to agree to new lights all the way around. "Honey, if I just replace the foglights, the headlights won't match and people will make fun of me." Yeah, that might work :bs:

viperos said:
ah, the good and bad about not being married :D (actually, only good thing is no arguments...)
Another good thing is 1 less thing to spend money on that can be going towards your car :D I'd say if you're on a budget and only want to spend a few bucks on cleaning your headlights, even if they are painted, get some 1200-1500 grit sand paper, wet sand the hell outta them, then use something like McGuiers rubbing compound and it'll take the scratches out... Heres a picture of how mine turned out. Thoes things looked about like the color of my side markers... Mike can vouch for me on that

If I sanded them even more, I'm sure they would look even better.
pic05.jpg

I'm going to try and use a buffing wheel on them with some sort of compound and see what happend one of these days... It works great on aluminum... Why cant it work on my lights as long as I dont burn the plastic :lol: