100 octane. No fuel pressure

MikeR351w

Founding Member
Oct 8, 2001
Wisconsin
Hello. I have a quick question. Car is a 1998 Mustang GT. I was driving it the other day and everything appeared to be normal. It has been running 100 octane for 6 years now (fully built 4.6, 11:1 compression ratio, tons of mods and tune). Anyways, it wouldn't start. I noticed that the gas was a little low so I added 4 gallons of 100 octane and still have a no start issue. currently I have a aero motive fuel pressure regulator braided lines and a high-vol fuel pump. when I prime the ignition I hear the fuel pump activate and prime. I also hear the passenger side fender module clicking. there are no fuses blown under the hood in fuse block yet I still have no fuel pressure.

Normally the gauge reads 40 or so but I get nothing.

the inertia switch is fine and it is not tripped I am wondering if the fuel filter maybe deteriorated due to the high octane fuel and clogged the line. any other suggestions? the only other thing that I found a little strange is that I do not hear the relay click next to the ECM under the passenger side kick panel but I don’t know if it supposed to make a noise

• Sponsors (?)

I also hear the passenger side fender module clicking.
Does that mean 1 click, or constant clicking.

Normally there should be one click at key on and another at key off.

If there are more than 2 clicks per key cycle check the CCRM ground and the ignition switch.

Note the 1998 model year does use an unusual fuel pump power design. There's a two speed relay with a ballast resister that reduces the voltage to the fuel pump thus making it run slower.

Last edited: