Mach 1 $100 Steeda Shock Tower Brace for Mach1 (w/ Picture)

wurd2

Feb 16, 2004
U.S.A.
$100 Steeda Strut Tower Brace for Mach1 (w/ Picture)

My Steeda brace arrived today. It looks really nice, but does lack a Steeda logo. The brace appears to clear the K&N AirCharger kit, but I won't know for sure until I install it. Also, the kit does include instructions and bolts, washers, and nuts. I will post another message after I get the brace installed.

Here is the link to the product:

http://www.steeda.com/store/-catalog/Mach1StrutTowerBrace.htm

And attached is a picture for those interested:

SteedaBrace1.jpg

Mach1Signature3.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Steeda Brace Installed (More Pictures)

Apparently my ability to eyeball the brace fit over the K&N AirCharger failed me. The brace could have been forced into place, but it would have put a great deal of strain on the AirCharger kit. Our solution was to cut 1/2 inches away from each side of the AirCharger hose. This reduced the amount of strain. We also created a slot in the mounting bracket that mounts to the A/C line mounting stud. This took care of the change in alignment of the kit due to the hose cuts.

There is still a good amount of strain on the AirCharger hose, even after our adjustments. If we can get ahold of some longer silicon hoses for the AirCharger kit, then we will cut away more of the AirCharger hose, hoping to eliminate strain altogether.

I have put about 30 miles on my car since the installation. I'll report any problems I might have.

Here are a few pictures:

SteedaBrace4.jpg

SteedaBrace5.jpg