1000 hp V6 mustang......

• Sponsors (?)

cobraghost said:
Can it be done.I am trying to prove it is almost impossible to accomplish.The guys at work seem to think it wouldnt be too hard.Help me prove them wrong.

With the current 3.8L V6 I think it would be right next door to impossible. However, yes it could be done with a completely different block setup strictly for racing purposes. And it would be pretty costly.

You know, since Fast & Furious came out, people are claiming that a Kia Rio can be a 1000HP V8 killer. For the price you'd have to pay to get a V6 Mustang that high in HP, you could just go get something else with the money you were going to spend...like a Viper....lol.

500rwhp is the breakign point nearly for the stock block... just like the 5.0's stock block. there are v6s pushing over 500 on the stock block and thats about the limit... it can no doubt be done but you will have to invest alot into custom made parts..... alot more than its worth

Ok i coulda swore i seen a 1000hp Kia just the other day. I mean it had the sleeper look to it. But what gave it away was those sweet as plastic spinner hub caps WTF. Dumbass looking 2 foot high aluminum wing. A hood scoop that was poorly glued or taped on. A tint job that looks like a blind man did. Body kit that wasnt painted and to top all this off a graphics kit that musta added and extra 10lbs to the car? Why oh why is all i could ask myself. Then the loser tried to race me..... Kia vs GT you know what that equal SPANKED

1Slick5.0 said:
Ok i coulda swore i seen a 1000hp Kia just the other day. I mean it had the sleeper look to it. But what gave it away was those sweet as plastic spinner hub caps WTF. Dumbass looking 2 foot high aluminum wing. A hood scoop that was poorly glued or taped on. A tint job that looks like a blind man did. Body kit that wasnt painted and to top all this off a graphics kit that musta added and extra 10lbs to the car? Why oh why is all i could ask myself. Then the loser tried to race me..... Kia vs GT you know what that equal SPANKED

Heh, a cavalier tried racing me yesterday :\. I didn't even drive faster than I normally drive :D . He couldn't get up the hill.

cobraghost said:
Can it be done.I am trying to prove it is almost impossible to accomplish.The guys at work seem to think it wouldnt be too hard.Help me prove them wrong.
not too hard to do.

the buick stage1 production block has been taken to higher than 1000 hp.

the ford was loosly based off of the buick but is stronger than the production buick

fill the block with block cement

cam with about 270 [email protected]" lift with at least .700" lift but speced for a turbo

7.5:1 forged pistons and forged rods with a nitride treated crank

fully ported heads with roller rockers and intakes with 1.94"/1.60" valves in the heads. o-ring head gaskets and main girdle

weld gussets in the lifter valley to prevent block splitting

1.75" primary tube turbo headers with 2 large turbos running 30lbs boost

80lb/hr injectors and custom MAF with an 80MM fox T-body

this will get 1000hp or more with the 3.8 ford block. is it streetable? nope. but who cares with 1000 hp

cobra232 said:
not too hard to do.

the buick stage1 production block has been taken to higher than 1000 hp.

the ford was loosly based off of the buick but is stronger than the production buick

fill the block with block cement

cam with about 270 [email protected]" lift with at least .700" lift but speced for a turbo

7.5:1 forged pistons and forged rods with a nitride treated crank

fully ported heads with roller rockers and intakes with 1.94"/1.60" valves in the heads. o-ring head gaskets and main girdle

weld gussets in the lifter valley to prevent block splitting

1.75" primary tube turbo headers with 2 large turbos running 30lbs boost

80lb/hr injectors and custom MAF with an 80MM fox T-body

this will get 1000hp or more with the 3.8 ford block. is it streetable? nope. but who cares with 1000 hp
How much would all that run thou? :shrug:

cobraghost said:
How much would all that run thou? :shrug:
sorry been away for awhile.

it would run $15,000 to get 1000 hp and survive more than 10 runs down the track.

remember the car has to be built to handle the engines power too.

so add at least another $7,000 to that $15,000 and you will have it :nice:

u could get a 4.3 race engine from super six with cam and porting for turbo applications, then strap on a nice big turbo and boost it to hell. it would end up like a supra though, all top end. track times are better than hp though. u can get into the 11's with a nice turbo setup