11:1 289 Compression Ratio

keba

Sep 5, 2017
67 coupe 289 I want to achieve 11:1 comp. and not break the bank, looking for a flat or domed cast /die cast piston to achieve that with 54cc heads, silvolite was the piston I used in high school (along time ago} any suggestions?

• Sponsors (?)

Silvo lites are cast pistons ,wouldnt use them with that much compression. I shatered a silvolite piston with only 10 -1 in my 66 gt ,the thing looked like a broken door glass ,just little cubes and they fount their way all through the motor when it blew ,the piston rod and wrist pin was still complete though.

Silvo lites are cast pistons ,wouldnt use them with that much compression. I shatered a silvolite piston with only 10 -1 in my 66 gt ,the thing looked like a broken door glass ,just little cubes and they fount their way all through the motor when it blew ,the piston rod and wrist pin was still complete though.

Thanks Jim for the Info. on silv. pistons I have since came into some 1966 45cc closed chamber heads from there compression is no problem, Mainly I'm building the motor with high compression, Big cam to spend more time with my son I personally am building a clevland to put this chevy 350 my budy has to bed once and for all, If you have anymore tips on either I would appreciate it.
THANKS Paul

A set of perfect circle will doo fine and will not empty your wallet
$_57.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
A set of perfect circle will doo fine and will not empty your wallet
$_57.jpg
Perfect Circle Pistons are (were?) a product of the Dana Corporation, the company I started with at 21 in Chicago., in 1963 Their piston plant was located in Pueblo, Colorado. Much later during my employ, my good friend George Brown, who had been a Product Engineer I helped out in Chicago very early-on, became Plant Manager of the Pueblo Plant.

Just reminiscin'...........imp