$1100.00 for fuel safe....ouch!

im gonna make my own from a jaz cell and isolate it from the trunk. anyone use one with the sending unit and still be able to use their stock gauge? also read while surfing ford r and d bought 50 and said they were crap. 36? or so bladders leaked, foam broke down after 3,000 hrs(?) and clogged up stuff. i called fs and they said they rebuild them at a cost of $800. forget that. that should come with a kiss.

• Sponsors (?)

but racers dont put 3000 hours on fuel cell foam. they replace it at least twice per season, and they store the foam dry, thus they wont have the same problems that ford r and d ran across.

im looking to fix something ford screwed up on. this will be a daily driver and 3000 hrs will come quick. its about safety with reliabilty for my sons car. anybody use a jaz retro and still be able to use the stock gauge? anybody? anybody? anybody?

Mustang Plus sells these fuel cells and claims to use the stock fuel gage with them with a few extra parts from radio shack. You do know that they make a steel back seat divider and a steel gas tank cover for early model mustangs. Just another direction you could take.

thanks, ill call mustangs plus. the stang has a steel plate welded in behind the rear seat. im going to mount a steel plate where the gas tank sits and mount a jaz under it, box the opening of the jaz tank with a seperate access. gassin up will be a little complicated but it will be safe and cheeper. $1100
would go a long way towards a tremec, stroker or four wheel discs...

If you can contact someone who runs in one of NASCAR'S touring divisions, they have to replace the bladders in their fuel cells I believe every three years. They are date stamped at the factory. They are in good shape when removed and you would only have to build the can. I have no idea what they would want for a used one but it should be pretty cheap.
By touring divisions, I mean Northwest Tour, Southwest Tour, Winston West, Etc. Cup probably has the same rule. Try www.musclemotorsports.com
Bob Gribble owns that business and he is a really nice guy and a racer himself. He deals in used NASCAR equipment.

Howard :shrug: