1100 cube bigblock swap

Those pictures are a bit deceiving, Ford uses v-8 diesel where dodge uses a I-6, naturally the piston sizes are connecting rods will be smaller, seeing there are eight cylinders to spread the motors displacement versus six. Not that i really know anything about diesels.

• Sponsors (?)

The CTD only has 24% more dislacement per cylinder than the 6.0 PSD, yet the rods are at least 100% bigger......:D

I'm not even sure where the limits of the stock longblock is. I bet not many people DO know or have what it takes to collapse one of those things! I do know that 1800lbs of torque isn't enough.

The CTD only has 24% more dislacement per cylinder than the 6.0 PSD, yet the rods are at least 100% bigger......:D

I'm not even sure where the limits of the stock longblock is. I bet not many people DO know or have what it takes to collapse one of those things! I do know that 1800lbs of torque isn't enough.
So the pic is of 6.0 PSD rods?
Or are those 7.3 PSD?

I have heard of several 6.0s biting the dust...
I can't recall ever hearing about a 7.3. Could be wrong though.
The fact that it is lighter parts and still so strong is just a testament to the better engineering of the 7.3 IMO. There is a point where parts become too big and heavy. The size of that rod bearing just means the crank journals create alot more heat and parasitic loss.

Dave

what about the new twin turbo ford is coming out with? i believe ford owns international who makes there diesel's right now. and now it will be CAT who makes there motors. i was told ford owns the small motor division of CAT. like i said i was over hearing some guys talking so it might just be BS. my dad has the new dodge mega cab and my brother has a new F350 and it really seems like the F350 puls the 39 foot trailer easyer. but i to hear lots of bad news about that 6.0 ford. the new one will be 6.4 and they might even make a 4.4 in an F150.

So the pic is of 6.0 PSD rods?
Or are those 7.3 PSD?

(cut) There is a point where parts become too big and heavy. The size of that rod bearing just means the crank journals create alot more heat and parasitic loss.

I'm pretty sure the pic is of PSD 6.0 rod. Regarding heat and friction.....these things don't spin any higher than 3600rpm. That's how everything in the CTD can get away with being so big and not hurting service life.

what about the new twin turbo ford is coming out with? i believe ford owns international who makes there diesel's right now. and now it will be CAT who makes there motors. i was told ford owns the small motor division of CAT. like i said i was over hearing some guys talking so it might just be BS. my dad has the new dodge mega cab and my brother has a new F350 and it really seems like the F350 puls the 39 foot trailer easyer. but i to hear lots of bad news about that 6.0 ford. the new one will be 6.4 and they might even make a 4.4 in an F150.

Ford doesn't own either of those manufacturers or their divisions. If Ford owned International, a subsidiary of Navistar, Ford wouldn't be in hot water with Navistar right now. AFAIK, CAT won't build special diesels for Ford for this very reason.

Those 12v guys are running numbers Im jealous of...but I have seen guys running 3rd gen HPCR motors (03+ trucks) and running 720rwhp and over 2000ftlbs

Ford doesnt own anything... I wouldnt count to much on that new motor from International because right now Ford is in a HUGE lawsuit due to the high cost of warranty costs of the 6.0. Its amazing that ford has been planning this law suit and kept Navistar as their new engine producer for their 08 truck. I thought it was funny because Navistar haulted production on their new motors but the courts stepped in and forced Ford to pay for the motors and Navi to produce/ship the motors. Like little kids right now when its funny because FORD is the one to blame on the warranty costs of the 6.0.

The same 6.0's used in diesel marine applications are running great with no problems, its the ones in Fords trucks that have the problems. Ford had to monkey with the injection system, computer and some other junk and thats the cause of their problems....that and a crappy VGT

Not the same engine, but here's a comparison of a 1400 c.i. Maybach V-12 tank engine and what I pulled out of my '68's 302.

If anyone saw the Discovery/Military Channel special on the Panther Tank, this is one of the piston/con rod's out of that engine.

And in case anyone wonders why the 302 piston looks weird, it's because that's the one that came apart on me, putting a nice hole in the side of my block. The skirts are gone and the connecting rod is actually twisted a few degrees in the piston.

Attachments

• top.jpg
    top.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 88
  • sidebyside.JPG
    sidebyside.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 102
The most recent video I posted is located here.

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/tank engine mustang/0.htm

In its current natrually aspirated form it making around 900 HP and 1300 Ft. Lbs. with over 1000 Ft. Lbs. available from 1600 to 4200 rpm. It is thirsty though, just idling and bumping the throttle it is drinking about 1 gallon of alcohol per minute. :eek:

These engines are capable of making over 3000 HP with boost and alky, using stock cranks, rods, and cams.

The most recent video I posted is located here.

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/tank engine mustang/0.htm

In its current natrually aspirated form it making around 900 HP and 1300 Ft. Lbs. with over 1000 Ft. Lbs. available from 1600 to 4200 rpm. It is thirsty though, just idling and bumping the throttle it is drinking about 1 gallon of alcohol per minute. :eek:

These engines are capable of making over 3000 HP with boost and alky, using stock cranks, rods, and cams.

your car?