11psi pulley on and running

Well I got brave and uped it from my 9lb pulley to an 11. DAMN Kenne Bell, you are da man. For anyone who says you cant run 11psi on a stalk 2v they are wrong! As long as you have plenty of fuel, and enough octain, and no detonation...the car loves 11psi.

Infact it loves it so much, I ran dead even with an 03 Cobra with exhaust, 14psi pulley and a tune.

not to bad for a lil 2v.

• Sponsors (?)

Ibeyorsuperman said:
Well I got brave and uped it from my 9lb pulley to an 11. DAMN Kenne Bell, you are da man. For anyone who says you cant run 11psi on a stalk 2v they are wrong! As long as you have plenty of fuel, and enough octain, and no detonation...the car loves 11psi.

Infact it loves it so much, I ran dead even with an 03 Cobra with exhaust, 14psi pulley and a tune.

not to bad for a lil 2v.
Be careful. I would hate for it to go BOOM !!!! :nonono:

WOW! 11 psi, isn't a bit much for a stock block? I was just thinking about upgrading to the 10 psi pulley, but was waiting for someone else to do do it first :) Are you running on 100 octane gas with that boost level? How easy is the pulley swap?

Pulley swap was about 2 min. I see 11psi at about 2700 RPM and she just pulls all day long. I ran it hard for about 30 min, brought her home and checked the plugs. there perfect. no sign of detonation. Im running about 94 octane. Feels like a big block and I love it. Especially with my new upper and lower control arms, and the 315 BFG Drag Radials...really plants all that power.

Ibeyorsuperman said:
Pulley swap was about 2 min. I see 11psi at about 2700 RPM and she just pulls all day long. I ran it hard for about 30 min, brought her home and checked the plugs. there perfect. no sign of detonation. Im running about 94 octane. Feels like a big block and I love it. Especially with my new upper and lower control arms, and the 315 BFG Drag Radials...really plants all that power.

From 2,700rpms...how long does it stay at 11psi? all the way to redline?

Well according to a couple mechanics at FORD they said as long as I dont detonate and have fuel it should handle 11psi no prob. They also said you would be suprised at how much power the stock block and internals could really handle.

So far so good

BlackBadGT said:
Dude, detonation isn't the only thing that will kill a bottom end... You're making WAAAAAAAY more horse power than those pistons/rods were ever meant to see. You'd be wise to put the 9PSI pulley back on until you can build up the bottom end.
Horsepower doesn't kill motors.....detonation does. Period.

I've seen a stock DOHC (98 motor) with a T-trim....20 pounds of boost.....ran 9's. Made a crapload of runs safely while being shifted at 8200 rpm. Only reason the motor crapped was because they upped the shift points to 8700, the wrist pin snapped. The rest of the motor looked great.....even the pistons.

Good job with the 11psi. I'm insanely jealous. :D

Spreadman said:
Horsepower doesn't kill motors.....detonation does. Period.

I've seen a stock DOHC (98 motor) with a T-trim....20 pounds of boost.....ran 9's. Made a crapload of runs safely while being shifted at 8200 rpm. Only reason the motor crapped was because they upped the shift points to 8700, the wrist pin snapped. The rest of the motor looked great.....even the pistons.

Good job with the 11psi. I'm insanely jealous. :D
You and I!! :eek:

Kenne bell :hail2: