Progress Thread 12th Owner: My '93 Notchback Restoration & Performance Build

• Sponsors (?)

I have done 7 cars with complete 5 lug 4 wheel disc swaps with the correct parts like Toolow91 has suggested. EASILY under 1k......not counting wheels and tires which don't come with that kit anyway. You could probably find 94/95 spindles, with front and rear brake calipers at a boneyard for $150 ish. On my coupe I have cobra brakes front and rear, the only thing I bought new was rear axles and brake pads/rotors. I have a total of $700 invested....and it's pretty.....

Reactions: 1 users
A850D26C-7C27-4FFA-9A41-90EF0767F5BB.jpeg
A6454E35-1830-4BF2-B7AF-E52558DCD161.jpeg

Every part brand new and you have the sprindles . Before discount . Nothing used and braided brake lines as well . You could save using rubber line and stuff but this is my exact setup in my car

Reactions: 1 users
I assume that screen shot is Rock Auto?
Yup it is . NRC was north race cars but lmr carries the backing plates you need. Normally I wouldn’t do all this but I’m home laid up with the time .

LMR is 872 after the discount. 713 on rock with 5 percent diso:taco: before shipping. I dont think i could make it much easier . LOL

Rock code is 111870246105606298

Last edited:
Wow! Thanks brother. That's a huge help, and very convincing. I haven't dealt with Rock Auto yet. What is a "rock code"? I assume maybe the parts list code?
Rock auto is one of the biggest part companies online these days i use them for everything. That code is the 5 percent discount code you enter in the where haveyou heard about us box.

You are getting the same parts store replacement parts from LMR. They are making some money on it and sending you spindles that cause issues anyway unless you have a specific k member. This saves you some money. Every part is new with braided steel brake hoses and all . Your kit also didnt come with a brake booster which you need as well. Unless i didnt see it . Doing it this way is a no brainer and ensures you get the right stuff. Can be done in a weekend with everything i sent you . Oh im sorry i did leave out rotors. I knew i forgot something.

I don't see front hubs.
Didn’t know you needed them you said you had spindles I assumed they were on there lol . I’m not being an ass but this is quite comical . I went through the trouble of doing all that , it would be easy to just search hubs for a 95 mustang and add them to the cart while you were there . Even if it’s only a few hundred less you are getting way more parts and better quality on some of it out of my list then what i saw in that lmr kit . I really hope you pull the trigger and this wasn’t a waist .

Reactions: 1 user
Reactions: 1 user
I don't see front hubs.

Here is what I have collected so far from eBay and Rock Auto. I’m under $400 with all brand new hardware, and brand new pistons and seals for the calipers. The calipers and spindles took some elbow grease and paint to get them where they are.
I have a little way to go, but will easily be around $1000 for front and rear by the time I’m done. It can be done!!!
2097F3C6-C589-4ECE-B5EE-34B7636A9BEB.jpeg

Didn’t know you needed them you said you had spindles I assumed they were on there lol . I’m not being an ass but this is quite comical . I went through the trouble of doing all that , it would be easy to just search hubs for a 95 mustang and add them to the cart while you were there . Even if it’s only a few hundred less you are getting way more parts and better quality on some of it out of my list then what i saw in that lmr kit . I really hope you pull the trigger and this wasn’t a waist .
I appreciate your help, but I'm in the research phase right now. I'm trying to figure out all I need and I was concerned that no hubs or rotors were included in the parts list. Part of the reason for the LMR kit is that it's all inclusive, but the downside is that I would be paying a 15% surcharge over identical Rock Auto parts. I'm catching on.

Attachments

• 20190707_160807.jpg
    20190707_160807.jpg
    273.2 KB · Views: 276