13.08@105MPH w/8.5lbs on a AT V6

rygenstormlocke

former 10 second badass
Aug 13, 2005
Northern Virginia
8th Annual Old Dominion FFW Nationals, June 23, 24 & 25
Virginia Motorsports Park in Dinwiddie (right outside of Richmond VA)

Well, more time at the track. This time I have to say I am quite pleased. First off, I have to say, the guys at Powerhouse are top notch!!!!!! Everyone of them was helpful, and patient with me. They loaned me a set of DR’s!!!! They taught me how to stage, launch, etc. They are great group of guys, stand behind their product and really care about their customers. Everyone I know that has done business with them has confirmed what I have said now and previously.

Now, for the results, on the stock turbo street tune, on M&H DR’s, with an auto with no tweaking to the tune what so ever, no stall converter, no race gas, street tranny tune (not hard track shifts), just what you would get if you bought the intercooled kit from them, at 8.5lbs of boost…..

• 60 ft: 2.05
• 330: 5.55
• 1/8: 8.44
• MPH: 84.76
• 1000: 10.96
• 1/4: 13.08 (kick ass!!!)
• MPH: 105.99

I must say, I barely topped Scrming, man does he set the bar high. I’m not sure how long I can enjoy this lead on him but it feels great being within a 10 th of him. I expect he will generate some kick ass results when he get’s his boosted Mistress to the track.

Now, I did have an initial run of 13.3, then a run at 13.2, both at 105MPH. Something everyone should know, yes, a stall converter is in my future, however, there were two things preventing me from breaking 12’s (besides the hot and humid weather later in the afternoon).

1. Heating up my tires (I’m still getting the hang of the DR’s, I still do not heat them up enough)
2. RPM (I am not launching high enough, 2100 isn’t enough, I can pull off 2300, possibly 2400/2500)

I am not spinning at the line, I am hooking hard!!!! Even at 2100. I know this car has 12’s in her just as she is, and I plan to do that by mastering my launch, and adjusting the shift pressure. I just need 1/10 th to break 12’s and I know she can do it. I have a lot to learn, and I really need to relax at the tree. I got jumpy a few times acting like a complete noob!!!!!

Now for some pics, hope you all like them:

Hanging with PH, man that PH V6 is one mean ass car….

richmond0.jpg

richmond1.jpg

I feel bad for this GT, instead of letting off the gas he kept on it and went into the wall….
richmond2.jpg

Stella burning out….

richmond3.jpg

Hanging some more with PH, got a lot of complements on making a V6 quick!

richmond4.jpg

My favourite show car there:

richmond5.jpg

richmond6.jpg

richmond7.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

bigcat said:
:banana: congrats. those runs are great! too bad that GT hit the wall :( when do you think you will get that stall?

Yea, it was his first run out. What a way to go. Really sucks. Good thing is he is fine, air bags deployed.

Not sure on the stall yet, I ordered some new DR's and want to give those a try first. Then after a track visit I will do the stall and some other goodies.

Awesome, man! I had a feeling that you would edge SRMING out of the top spot this weekend!! Seeing that GT really hits home how much dragsters put on the line a 1/4 mile at a time...

Congratulations, Todd, i know how hard you worked for that 13.08, and know that you will have to add a driveshaft loop very, very soon!