13" tires

Vince

Vince the Fabricator
Founding Member
Feb 22, 2000
Vancouver, Canada
I just noticed on the Cooper tire website that they're discontinuing their Cobra GT tires in the 195/70R13 and 185/70R13 size. This was one of the few manufacturers left offering a decent performance tire for the factory Mustang II rims. Anyone looking for new 13" tires may want to order them soon.

• Sponsors (?)

Switching Topics

Vince,
Thanks for notice. I will be needing tires soon. Went to their main website and
was still able to select.

On another topic.
This is the year I will finally get car on road. I have garage space and alittle money to fix things. One thing I need to work on is a tranny mount for a T5.
I thought I was going to use a T5 from a 4 cylinder, but decided to scrap that idea. I am currently looking for the 94 setup and heard you had fabricated some mounts for the T5. Is this true? Could you give me an idea/help on how to do? I saw a prototype and it looked real good.

Thanks for any advice
andy

I should have added that the Cobra GT tire is still available in the 205/60R13 size.

On the T5 topic, yes I had made up some custom crossmembers to use with the T5 & Mustang II bellhousing. That was a few years back though, and they've all been sold long ago. If you're using the fox bellhousing though, you may be able to modify your existing crossmember. With the 94-95 bellhousing I don't know.