$130 repo or $400 ford tooling fender on my 67? Whats your advice?

mfp4073

Founding Member
Mar 14, 2001
Hells Ditch, FL
$130 repo or $400 ford tooling fender? Whats your advice?

I need a new left front fender for my girl that I crunched in a parking lot. The fender is no great loss as its a "made in taiwan" from about 1994. I have always hated it (the car agreed with me on that one). The ford tooling fenders are supposed to be better, but they are REALLY expensive in comparison. I could get 3 repro fenders for the cost of one ford tooling. I am looking at it more than doubling the cost of the repair once paint and other parts are considered. Any experience? Also, I have seen them as high as $480 and as low as $300, are there any differences?

• Sponsors (?)

Been there, done that....and recently too. Buy the original Ford tooling fender. It will fit right out of the box. The repo ones are complete junk. We had 2 brand new repo fenders on my friend's 67 and they did not fit for anything....took them off and put the originals back on and decided to body work them....then the new Ford tooling ones came out from the Carpenter brothers and bought them and they a re a perfect fit in every respect and are definitly worth the price of admission.