130amp alternator upgrade STILL NO CHARGE

kneith

Jun 5, 2009
I just finished my 130 amp alternator upgrade, and i am still getting no charge to the battery, i used 4 ga wire for power wire and used 4 ga wire
for the ground.. I connected the ground off one of the power steering bolts on the motor, and connected to the body ground for the computer ground by the battery.
I followed the diagram that is listed on this forum for the 3g alternator upgrade, what problem could i be having any suggestions
thank you
am i over looking something.............

• Sponsors (?)

Is the alt powdercoated or painted? If so, the coating can keep the alternator from grounding through its metal mounting bracket.

Did you leave the sense wire connected at the solenoid? On your regulator, the terminal labeled A will show battery voltage (car on or off).

Does your battery-light illuminate during the prove-out and while the car is running? If not, check the I terminal for voltage (you should see 2-12V) with the car running.

Be sure the stator loop is intact. The circuit will float about 1/2 battery voltage with the car running. You can ohm out both ends of the disconnected stator circuit to ensure the loop is closed.

Good luck.