13w7 came in..

So I finally bit the bullit and bought one, I'm running it with a JBL2200 or something.. i forget what exactly it was..

But anyways.. What's the best kind of setup for my 2003 stang? I took the spare out and everything.. I considered many options.. and I came to the fact that I think I'm going to have to fiberglass it in there.. Anyone have any better, more cost efficient setups in their stangs?

• Sponsors (?)

I'm currently working on mine. DIY is the way to go. I happen to be lucky as I'm a rep for an online company, Stereo Integrity, so I got my sub for free. It's also nice as I come across some deals and info that are priviledged to many others. If you shop around, you can always find good deals.

The 13W7 is a spectacular driver. I had one and loved it. I got it brand new for only $450, so it was impossible to pass up. If I had the chance to get another one that cheap, I would. It's not my FAVORITE, but it does perform and if you can get it below retail, it's a great buy.

KWIK9550 said:
I'm currently working on mine. DIY is the way to go. I happen to be lucky as I'm a rep for an online company, Stereo Integrity, so I got my sub for free. It's also nice as I come across some deals and info that are priviledged to many others. If you shop around, you can always find good deals.

The 13W7 is a spectacular driver. I had one and loved it. I got it brand new for only $450, so it was impossible to pass up. If I had the chance to get another one that cheap, I would. It's not my FAVORITE, but it does perform and if you can get it below retail, it's a great buy.

Yeah, its all im really looking for. I love the all black, clean design.. it goes well with my car. And as far as mustangs go.. its all I'll need im sure.

I dont know how in the world I'm going to get it in that trunk. I'm very familiar with wiring and so on.. but as far as this setup goes.. its the biggest thing I've delt with before. haha.

My friend knows all about fiber glassing and stuff and even he's worried about the turnout. What setup are you going to run box wise? I believe i should have it ported, "slot ported" as they call for.

This is a very intimidating prospect.

I'm not running the Dub. You can check out my progress here. http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=550960

I'm undertaking quite a large FG buildup myself. Personally, I'm not much of a basshead and I would go with a simple sealed enclosure around 1.5 cubes, but that's me. There's enough displacement potential in that driver to overwhelm most people as far as low frequency extension is concerned. That's how I'd go.

The trunks are such a pain, I decided to forgo it entirely. Nobody ever rides in my car anyways, so no need for the rear seat. Why not make use of it?

i would love 2 10/12w7s, or 10w6s, but retail prices for them would be more than what im paying for the deck. i hate not having money. so many nice things around :(

i'd just pop it in a 1.5c sealed box and go. sealed is usually good for coupes, and with the right amp, that sub will make it even better.

kwik are you using the stock deck?