14 gt performance questions

• Sponsors (?)

traction control i.e advance trac can be disabled by holding the brake pedal and traction control switch for a few seconds it will say it on the cluster

theres plenty different cold air intakes out there pmas jlt etc.. take your pick. For what its worth ive made the most power with the pmas one.

plenty sc's out there as well. Edelbrock, procharger, vortech, paxton, whipple, etc...

Im a procharger dealer and the majority of what we do in house sc wise is procharged coyotes so im a bit partial to them

tire size is up to. Most run drag radials when you go boosted.

Theres a bunch of programmers out there. I personally use my own proprietary software for them but there are plenty commercial ones. The most economical is the Syked programmer but there is a waiting list. SCT has been around since day 1 and many use it as well.

Typically stock is around 335hp. Tuned about 360. CAI +10. Throttle body and cobra jet intake +25. Long tubes +15.

Keep the stock gears and get a high stall converter. When /if you go boosted youll want to toss in billet oil pump gears as well.

You are the guy I need to be talking to then. I bought an SCT programmer with another guys tunes on there. My car is bone stock atm. I am wanting to install it just to get a little more but I'm planning to go with something like a gt500 intake headers and cai but I didnt want to spend all the money to get a tune and then have to retune it. Any suggestions

at the stop press the tc button and it will say tc off, then hold the brake pedal and hold the button down for 6 seconds or so and it will say advance trac disabled. You can then warm up the tires as you wish.

if the car is bone stock and the tunes are for a bone stocker then it should be fine if you have issues give me a shout and i'll help you out

just about all tuners offer free tune updates -myself included