15.1 any good?

buhjuh16

Mar 17, 2004
Glasgow, KY
Well guys i went out to the track last weekend and ran it. It's a 95 GT Covnertable with a x-pipe and flowmasters; other than that its stock.

r/t - .056
60' - 2.240
330 - 6.379
1/8 - 9.784
mph - 71.77
1000 - 12.728
1/4 - 15.195
mph - 91.65

any good? I think thats about all it'll do, i had a good take off and hit all the gears good. I heard that .500 is a perfect reaction time, so does that mean i red lighted?

• Sponsors (?)

You are right where I'd expect you to be. I ran 15.2 at 90mph in my 'vert when it was stock, and a 14.96 at 91.5 with flowmasters, offroad X pipe, a K&N with the silencer removed, 13* timing, and 3.73 gears. You may be able to get your ET down another tenth or so if you can get a slightly better 60' but your MPH looks to match your mods. As for your R/T, recently a lot of tracks have made the switch to LED lighting systems on the tree. With the new LED system .000 is a perfect reaction time since the LED's are an instant on, unlike incandecent bulbs which turn on slowly. So a .056 would have been a .556 on the old system which is a pretty decent light.

Thats almost axactly what I ran my first time out. 15.1 @ 93.3 mph. Your right where you should be. Gears will vault you into the mid 14's. I'm getting an intake, gears, and an x-pipe installed this winter & I'm hoping for 14.2-14.3's.

If it weren't for your vert being so heavy, you would already be in the 14's, being a 5-spd car.

ok good. my plans are new upper/lower intake after christmas with also underdrive pulleys and air intake. Also ive got some 3.73 gears out of a ford explorer that's going to be put in the next couple weeks. Any ideas where that should put me? I'm still debating on weather to go for looks, speed, or sound after that.

With the intake, gears, and and underdrives, I think you will be a low/mid 14.xx car. Some guys on here found almost a 1/2 second gain from swapping intakes. Gears should be good for a couple of tenths and the pullies anywhere from .1-.2. Also, go for the speed! I did an expensive ass stereo upgrade on my car right after I got it, and to this day wish I would have joined Stangnet earlier and got some tips on where better to spend that money. For what I have in my stereo, I could have had a good set of heads.:notnice: :nonono: People (speaking for myself here I guess) have more respect for a fast car than a loud stereo anyday. And, the reason not to do looks right off the bat is, there is nothing worse than a 15 sec. car that looks like a 10 sec. car. :bs:

In my last 95 mustang i had a really nice tv / ps2 setup (see pics) and im thinking i want to go with that again just beacuse it was really unique and plus i did like it alot. and my idea also was to take out the back seats to build a box for 1 12". something cheap like a type r and use the trunk space for some tonneau covers. Then just go more out on the motor. The only 2nd thoughts im having is that my car has scratches all over it and really needs a new paint job. So i figured if i was gonna do some body work i might as well go on and get a new hood/wing and maybe front bumper but probably not. Although im kinda still leaning for the stereo instead of speed right now. the stereo would cost about (300 for tv/install, 150 sub 200 amp, 100 rear seat delete) 750, which could easily get some used gt-40 heads for. How much power are those anyways? I really dont know what i wanna do right now i guess ill just have to watch the forums some more for ideas.

clarion.jpg

ps2.jpg

Attachments

• clarion.jpg
    clarion.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 65
  • ps2.jpg
    ps2.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 81