'15 Comp Orange Prem Gt W/ Perf Package...

usaf_branham

15 Year Member
Oct 30, 2008
Boston
It will be here either Monday or Tuesday! Advice on exhaust... I personally loved my American Thunder Cat Back(40 series) w/ off road h-pipe and long tubes... I liked the drone.

I'm keeping the cats on this new mustang... Unfortunately flowmaster has switched to the 60 series now...

What sounds 'similar'?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks for your input. I already decided against flows... your exhaust sounds amazing, but I think it is a touch bit more mellow than I am looking for. I am not a fan of a very raspy exhaust, a little bit is ok though. I know I am comparing apples to oranges, but I put a set of magnapacks on my '04 supercharged gt w/ stg 1 blower cams, bbk lt's, and an o/r h-pipe... at idle it sounded amazing... when driving at low rpm, it sounded cool as hell... but it when I laid in to it, it sounded like machine gun fire from about 1700 to 2200 rpm. I hated it. I ended up putting a bbk catted x-pipe on it, and the cats killed the rasp, and it sounded pretty good... but not as good as flows with the o/r h-pipe.

With that being said, I listened to the flows on the coyote, and they sound like crap. Surprisingly, I dont like the borla's either (way too much rasp with the atak and stingers). The only 3 that sounded about the way I like are the ARH, MBRP, and Magnaflow competition series... I'm slightly hesitant on the magnaflows, because of my experience with the magnapacks. The MPRB's scare me because they have some rasp in the video, and I dont know how much that translates to real life driving... The ARH sounds almost perfect, but the price isn't right and I am not 100% sure they will be loud enough.

I am trying to be more cautious with this car because I dont want to have to spend money more than once. I would would be extremely upset if I buy a cat-back that doesn't sound right. Im sorry if I am being long winded, but I just dont want to make the mistakes I made with my old ride again. Parts for the Coyote's are more expensive than my new edge ever were.

BTW: have you laid in to your car with the new steeda links yet? I am slightly concerned about wheel hop (even though I seldom go to the track)...

I haven't been able to get on it hard yet....it hasn't stopped raining in a week. We've had over 7 inches of rain since I put them on and it's just been too crappy to smash on it.

I hear ya on the exhaust. For me I wanted it to sound like a V8 should, but I didn't want it obnoxious so I went with the street series. The video really doesn't do it justice, it sounds really good. I'd imagine the comp series would be more what you're looking for, but unless you get Magnaflow at a good discount (i.e. wholesale) it's pricey.