15'' Wheels on a new GT

Nop5.0

Aug 6, 2005
Hello,
I've heard you cannot put 15'' wheels on an 05-06 GT due to the calipers. I'm trying to go with 15x9 and 15x4s (for the strip) so I'm wondering if anyone has any details about this. I've seen a few in magazines with 15x4s but, not sure if they changed calipers or not. Any help on this would be appreciated. Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

Looking at the tight clearance between the stock 17" front wheels and the caliper on my GT, I think 16" would be very tight, and 15" would certainly not fit.

The only possiblity I could think of that *might* make it work, is a narrow front wheel with NO backspacing... so the entire rim would be outboard of the mounting surface. As a "Strip only" setup it might be ok, but on the street it would be a pig on skates...

Kent5 said:
Looking at the tight clearance between the stock 17" front wheels and the caliper on my GT, I think 16" would be very tight, and 15" would certainly not fit.

The only possiblity I could think of that *might* make it work, is a narrow front wheel with NO backspacing... so the entire rim would be outboard of the mounting surface. As a "Strip only" setup it might be ok, but on the street it would be a pig on skates...

16" wheels will not fit either. Trust me... And I have done alot of homework on this, "0" backspacing will cause clearance problems.

Go with stock Cobra or Bullitt wheels if you want slicks, but I have yet to see a true slick that we can use. The aftermarket has not caught up.