15 years

IIGood

Founding Member
Aug 1, 1998
Churchton, MD
Today marks the 15-year anniversary of me purchasing my 2003 GT. I can remember it like it was yesterday...after locating just the right GT that I wanted, my dad and I drove up to a dealership east of Baltimore that morning so that I could make the purchase. I had to work an evening shift that day so we were hoping we'd be done fairly quickly. I got the car for $23K out the door; it stickered at $25,970. I couldn't even drive it home myself...I didn't know how to drive stick yet, so dad drove it home and I followed in the minivan. When we got home, I went to work while the GT sat...I couldn't wait to drive the car now that it was mine. Then the next day I did take it out and figured out the manual transmission and have been driving it ever since. It was my DD for the next 11 years when I got the first of 2 Explorers. The GT no longer sees 100% daily duty but I drive it as much as possible, as long as the weather is decent. It's now got over 177K miles on it.

Here's a picture...the top is the day it came home, the bottom is as it sits today:

3cpwx36jlc511.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Thanks, on both counts. I definitely wanted to go the "subtle" route without looking too aggressive. After all, it's all stock under the hood. I just wanted a cleaner, more streamlined appearance.

I debated putting the Bullitt side scoops on but ultimately decided to keep the GT scoops there. I just like the GT scoops on the sides, though I do wish they had a slightly smaller profile (i.e., don't stick out so far).

Reactions: 1 user
Nice ride. Congrats on keeping it so long

I miss my 2003GT that I owned and sold about 10 years ago. I know where it is, and part of me wants to try to get it back, but i'm afraid to see what sort of shape it's in today.