$1550...?

Q's Stang

Jun 28, 2004
Indianapolis
alright so im waiting on insurance to fix damages on my car and thatll probably take like 2 weeks...and im up in the air on buying a bassani cat back and x-pipe...problem is the price is 1550 for parts/labor...and w/ these two weeks im trying to decide whether or not i should purchase that for that price or should i buy a cheaper exhaust system w/ similar performance & sound? its definitely going to be a warming present after my 00 gt comes out of the shop from a stupid hit and run accident...makes me hate ppl who do things like that now a lot!!! well help me out w/ my decision please!

• Sponsors (?)

Buy the cat back and x-pipe and install it yourself. You will save some money that you could use for some other mods. I am putting my Bassani x-pipe on tomorrow. I can't wait. I didn't want to pay someone else money to do something that is really not that hard to do. Just do it. You will love the Bassani sound. I do!

Q's Stang said:
alright so im waiting on insurance to fix damages on my car and thatll probably take like 2 weeks...and im up in the air on buying a bassani cat back and x-pipe...problem is the price is 1550 for parts/labor...and w/ these two weeks im trying to decide whether or not i should purchase that for that price or should i buy a cheaper exhaust system w/ similar performance & sound? its definitely going to be a warming present after my 00 gt comes out of the shop from a stupid hit and run accident...makes me hate ppl who do things like that now a lot!!! well help me out w/ my decision please!

Haven't heard the Bassani, but I sure do like my Magnaflow catted X-pipe and Borla Stinger cat back system. Installed it myself...and I'm thinking that I paid less than 1Grand for both (with shipping). I would think that the performance would be similar...and I can tell you that the Borla Stinger is *probably* considered to be one of the louder cat back systems.

:drool:

well i think installation is only $125, and i dont know what all i could do w/ that amazing amount of money! well anyway, could i install it myself if i dont have anything to raise my car up, and how long of a job does it take to do x-pipe & cat back? and im taking it is all bolt on b/c i did have doubts on if i did try and do it that i might not properly seal everything right...