I have a 1994 Mustang gt and I want to start putting on some serious performances parts but I don’t know where to start. Suggestions on performance mechanics and performance upgrades are needed! Remember that if you tell me about a mechanic make sure they work near me, I’m from Thousand Oaks California and don’t want to drive to for to get work done on my car. Just a little information about what I’d like to do with my car. I’d like to have 550+ hp and get it weighing about 3000-2800 pounds, I’d most likely turbo it just cause every muscle car owner superchargers their car.

• Sponsors (?)

I would start by Googling Mustang/Performance shops near Thousand Oaks, CA and see what comes up. If any come up close, I would then call them and discuss what they recommend. We can spend your money for you all you want, but not knowing your goals for the car, it’s hard for us to read your mind.

If you want consistant 550 to the wheels get a Dart or Boss block and have at it. You'll need a transmission to hold it....and a chassis to hold it...and brakes. You'll creep up on 15k pretty quick.

Edit; a 351 block will do it...but after the machining you might as well go with a performance block. That way...when you get used to 550 you can turn it up a lot.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
In fairness, it was I that implied that no car existed in the other thread.

That was because there was no car mentioned in the other thread.

Since this thread contained a car, I moved it to the appropriate forum. I had already been 'through' the first thread so... He used those 5 minutes to improve upon his first thread and I moved it in here...

Where we check to make sure all the velcro on the flame suit is securely fastened. :jester:

Reactions: 1 user
In fairness, it was I that implied that no car existed in the other thread.

That was because there was no car mentioned in the other thread.

Since this thread contained a car, I moved it to the appropriate forum. I had already been 'through' the first thread so... He used those 5 minutes to improve upon his first thread and I moved it in here...

Where we check to make sure all the velcro on the flame suit is securely fastened. :jester:
It’s a mustang forum figured you pick up that I had one

I love the idea of a turbo '94, but at such a low level power number, a blower would likely be considerably cheaper and easier.

I'd start with a look at Procharger. They're probably the simplest way to that level of power — but you will have lots of trouble with stock components all up and down the drivetrain. As far as your cost ceiling goes, good luck — especially if someone else is wrenching.
What Procharger would you go with?

It’s a mustang forum figured you pick up that I had one

Yeah I managed to catch it. I even placed your thread in the correct forum.

Wanted to ensure you knew that they made them for more than one year. :O_o:

Oh and... Mustang site? News to me. I been here nearly 20 years waiting for my turn to get a free pair of BlueBlocker sunglasses. Some dude by the name of Raburn gave me a bunch of keys, told me to wait right here and watch over the place and that he'd be right back with my free BlueBlocker sunglasses. That was 2001. :nonono:

I'm starting to think he might not be returning :scratch:

Has anyone else gotten their BlueBlocker sunglasses? Are you all here for the same thing?

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users