17 years difference

superhawkman

Nov 7, 2004
In April of 1988 my then new 5.0 Mustang LX ran a 14.459 @95.74 bone stock with 2.73 gears. No 60' times at the track back then. Today with my 1999 gt bone stock [email protected] my 60' times were on the very slow 2.3 second range on each run. I'm looking forward to get back to the track and work on my 60' time a with hopes of getting back a few tenths. What was suprising though was my MPH was a little lower that I thought it would be. we were going into a little head wind.

• Sponsors (?)

Thats the intriguing part about the the runs,they were both run hard. Both cars were 5-speeds. It was 65 degrees today and If memory serves me correctly it was in the mid 50s in 1988. Granted I only did 3 runs today and the best time I did with the 1988 was my 2nd time at the strip with the car.

Without knowing what your old 60ft time was with your 5.0L.....everything is just speculation. '99-up GT's have been shown to be faster in all but the most extreem differences (ex '87-'88 LX Coupe "stripper" Vs Full weight GT) and even then it's too close to call. Clear up your 60ft times and you'll drop that time by a lot.

Gearbanger 101 said:
Without knowing what your old 60ft time was with your 5.0L.....everything is just speculation. '99-up GT's have been shown to be faster in all but the most extreem differences (ex '87-'88 LX Coupe "stripper" Vs Full weight GT) and even then it's too close to call. Clear up your 60ft times and you'll drop that time by a lot.

You should listen to this guy. Put some tire under it (DRs). Takes a while to season them up. What's your home track ?

I like the BFG 's. I'm running 275/50/15s on my brand "P" car ( 'cuda) Afetr a little experimentation,
I now am equalling the 60 foot times I got on my Hoosier slicks. The plus side is you can drive the DRs on the street... I just heat them up for 3 or 4 seconds and "walk" the car out. Dropped .5 secs