17x10 late model rims in 65

1sick65

Jul 7, 2008
i have been doing some work on my stang and have come to a crossroad. i dont know what size offset rim to order... the car has had new rear rails put in inline with the front frame rails and then thru the floor subframes. so now i have basically a clean slate as far as having enough room for the rims on the inside. but my questions is if i have a stock width 52" flange to flange 9 inch housing will the late model 17x10" rims fit on the inside of the quarter panels? the wheel dimensions are 17x10" with 20mm offset or i might run a 17x10.5 with 27mm offset. sorry for the dumb question i am just not very good at calculating offset and backspacing stuff

• Sponsors (?)

heres the rims i am thinking about running and then the other pics show the current setup i have in the rear. i am not worried about interference on the inside of the tire but more on the outside on the lip of the quarter, the picturs show a 17x9 cobra r with a 245 tire i have gobs of rooms inside but i think i may have clearence issues on the outside. what is the "equation" for what dimension tims and tires i need

10th-anniversary-wheel.gif

57671653combo2.jpg

65open.jpg

65open2.jpg

untitled4.jpg

untitled6.jpg

Attachments

• 10th-anniversary-wheel.gif
    10th-anniversary-wheel.gif
    72.8 KB · Views: 181
  • 57671653combo2.jpg
    57671653combo2.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 167
  • 65open.jpg
    65open.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 141
  • 65open2.jpg
    65open2.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 116
  • untitled4.jpg
    untitled4.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 135
  • untitled6.jpg
    untitled6.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 142
well ya see my worries are i am trying to finish gathering parts for my 9 inch and dont know whether or not the rearend is going to have to be narrowed to fit these wheels. thats why i am trying to figure this all out. as for the way the car looks im not to worried being that once the rearend is complete the trunk pan will be easy, but thanks for the helpful input

That will move them in 1" from where mine are. 17x9.5 with 5" BS. You will prob have to space them out about 1/2" to look right IMO. 1" in might look kinda funny. You will not need to narrow the rear if I'm thinking correctly.

ok one more wuestion... my rearend housing is 52" from backing plate to backing plate. about how much wider will it be with the axles and disc brakes. are all axles meant to stick out the same width? if i remember right i think all the axles and stuff stick out another 2.5" per side, once again correct me if im wrong, and thanks for all the help

ok one more wuestion... my rearend housing is 52" from backing plate to backing plate. about how much wider will it be with the axles and disc brakes. are all axles meant to stick out the same width? if i remember right i think all the axles and stuff stick out another 2.5" per side, once again correct me if im wrong, and thanks for all the help

I believe it is right at 2.5" per side.