18 inch rims?

88CougarMan

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2000
Flower Mound, TX
Seems I can't find a good selection of 18's. I'm more traditional and prefer the 5-star over the diamond cut look, but I can't find anything that looks good. I really like the '03 Cobra wheel but it doesn't come in 18 inch.

Help me out, post some pics of your 18's.

• Sponsors (?)

Roush 18's? :shrug:
510951_59_full.jpg

88CougarMan said:
Seems I can't find a good selection of 18's. I'm more traditional and prefer the 5-star over the diamond cut look, but I can't find anything that looks good. I really like the '03 Cobra wheel but it doesn't come in 18 inch.

Help me out, post some pics of your 18's.
AFS 03 Cobra 18x9's. I bought them off Ebay for a great price (new, from their store)
219150_131_full.jpg

219150_122_full.jpg

Wade

shotime said:
You guys beat me too it, I see American Racing makes a similair wheel but rhey have the bolt holes to make it look like a two peice rim, which kills it. But yeah, I'd love a set of chrome roushes.....
I was actually dead set on getting some deep dish chrome FR500's in chrome but the wife told me to get the Roush rims. She wanted me to keep everything on the car Roush and not mix and match items.

Cost me $400 more, but I'm pleased with them. I haven't seen anyone around my area with those rims. Hell, I've only seen like 2 other 99-04 Roush's in about a year. :nice:

I've been thinking of getting a set of those 18" saleen replicas, but they're like 32lbs each! Did you guys all notice a big drop in acceleration when you switched to 18's? Also, would the authentic saleen rims from saleen.com be much lighter than replicas, and do you think it would be worth the extra $1000 they cost?

Blk01gt_ said:
I've been thinking of getting a set of those 18" saleen replicas, but they're like 32lbs each! Did you guys all notice a big drop in acceleration when you switched to 18's?
I didn't lose any acceleration, but my car already had 18's on it when I switched. Plus I have a whiney snail under the hood so it would take a lot for me to notice a drop.....:D

Blk01gt_ said:
I've been thinking of getting a set of those 18" saleen replicas, but they're like 32lbs each! Did you guys all notice a big drop in acceleration when you switched to 18's? Also, would the authentic saleen rims from saleen.com be much lighter than replicas, and do you think it would be worth the extra $1000 they cost?

yes I did... you have to have the HP to back up those chrome saleens... which my car does not have at the moment. I bought mine with the expectation of further mods that would warrant those tires in back. I am getting gears and a tune and that should fix the issue in acceleration. Getting the bigger rim will affect the gearing :(

I was getting zero traction with my stock 275s on there though. I upped the rim, and now my car feels sluggish, but at least I stick to the road. I need to upgrade my brakes, and get those other mods and I will be good to go. I'm also almost done paying the car off, and then it gets garaged and some F/I :D

Firemanz said:
I was actually dead set on getting some deep dish chrome FR500's in chrome but the wife told me to get the Roush rims. She wanted me to keep everything on the car Roush and not mix and match items.

Cost me $400 more, but I'm pleased with them. I haven't seen anyone around my area with those rims. Hell, I've only seen like 2 other 99-04 Roush's in about a year. :nice:

Where'd you get them from?? When I prced them they were like 2500/set!!!???