18" Wheels Late Availability?

sveet

Founding Member
Jun 8, 2002
Snow Belt!
I read in one Mustang magazine that the 18" wheels won't be available for a long time after introduction.

Why would Ford do this?

I understand the concept of introducing a basic model and then keep adding things to keep it fresh, but I also think it is a bad idea.

It works on PT Cruisers and VW Bugs (which is what J Mays wants, so I guess that's it!), but not how to do a performance based car.

Bring it on Ford! Make the options available. Let the people spend their money!!!!!!

• Sponsors (?)

It will be ok. Keeps the car changing. Look at the 2003's and 2004 GT's... they now have 99-02 Cobra rims. Maybe they're saving the good wheels for a rainy day when people get tired of the 17" ones? :shrug:

That's just another reason why I'm going to wait until 2006/2007 before I buy the new Mustang. It will probably not be until then that they have the 18" wheels. I am also hoping that they add some fat side scoops and a fat hood scoop on the GT. It will look a lot nicer with these things on it. The 2005 Mustang GT looks nice, but it looks too plain without the side and hood scoops.

I'm waiting untill 06 or 07 cuz I want a used one :D . I feel weird modding a brand new car.... It just doesn't seem right. But.. I like the Idea of the 18's even though I didn't much care for the look of the one I saw in MM&FF.

Ron Jeremy said:
That's just another reason why I'm going to wait until 2006/2007 before I buy the new Mustang. It will probably not be until then that they have the 18" wheels. I am also hoping that they add some fat side scoops and a fat hood scoop on the GT. It will look a lot nicer with these things on it. The 2005 Mustang GT looks nice, but it looks too plain without the side and hood scoops.

Might as well put a picnic table rear wing and some fart can exhausts on it while you're at it.

If thet don't function, leave them off. That stuff is just cartoonish and silly IMO and it just adds cost to the car.