18's in back, 17's in front?

• Sponsors (?)

You want it just for the raked look?.....or for the actual look of two different sized wheels. Someone posted some pics of that look a little while ago. Looked good, but I don't know how it affects handling, traction, etc.

I like the rake look, but more from doing it with suspension and maybe a little thicker sidewall on the back wheel.

found it

98blackmagic said:
Here we are, just taken yesterday........

2a931ea6.jpg

9cb5de1c.jpg

8bec0513.jpg

View attachment 448171

11c46234.jpg

Attachments

• 2a931ea6.jpg
    2a931ea6.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 371
  • 9cb5de1c.jpg
    9cb5de1c.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 355
  • 8bec0513.jpg
    8bec0513.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 289
  • 11c46234.jpg
    11c46234.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 590
RoadconeTuning said:
that looks like crap now... guess im staying w/ 17's
:stupid:.....save it for the Vette guys and the Ford GT's. One size all the way around looks best on a Mustang.....unless you're talking a set of 15" Weld Drag lites out back wrapped in E/T Streets, with the stock wheels in front. Then they'll know you mean business. :D

FYI: Scott Hoag, founder of MRT (engineer on Team Mustang for I think 17 years) has all of his 'new edge' mustangs set up this way: 17" front, 18" rear. With all of the pot-holes/crappy roads in Michigan, an 18" front wheel with a lower profile tire takes a beating!

Scott is very into drivability and mustangs that carve corners. The different sizes DO NOT mess with anything!

4.6flash said:
I think this creates another problem with the ABS braking system as well, as it calculates the front to rear wheel rotations. :eek:
You go with a lower profile tire in the rear to keep the same overall height.

I don't think it looks too bad.

Porsche does it as well

You mean the 4-link isn't God's gift to the Mustang world? :lol:

I'm thinking if someone wants to make their Mustang handle, they'd go with the 18" wheels all around instead of the staggered setup. I think it's really more of a fashion thing than anything else really.

Looks like balls and makes no sense. If anything you'd want more sidewall on the rear for traction and less at the front for handling. Why would anyone want smaller front rims? Cheaper tires...:shrug:

What makes it look even more foolish is the look of big brakes and smaller wheels in the front with little space between the rotor and the rim and tiny brakes and big wheel in the rear that makes the rotors in the rear look like nothing more in than tea cup saucers……as if Mustang rear brakes aren’t bad enough? :D

I agree, that Mach is sweet. I am thinking of doing it because i like the raked look and if I went with that type of stance with wheels of the same diameter all around the front wheels would be tucked too high into the fenders and i think thats a bit much. I want the wheels to fill the wells evenly, yet still have the front end be lower.