18x10/9 dilemna

AmBo

Feb 3, 2004
New Jersey
I am having a dilemna on WHY I would get 18x10 on the rears? I am looking to buy 18" Saleens but I see no PRO's in putting 10"s on the rears. Then I can't rotate my tires! Right now I'm riding on 17x10s on the rear but that's because my car came with them on.

Should I go with 9" all around or 9s in the front and 10s in the rear? :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

They handle better and grip better if you run Drag Radials. Almost all high end performance cars have wide wheels and tires for the rear. Porsche, Lamborghini, Ferrari, the Corvette, the Viper, all have wide wheels for the rear. And those cars have excellent handling.

juiced_94gt said:
do 10's thats what i have and it handles better, you can get a wider tire, chicks will throw little papers with their phne numbers and who the hell cares about rotating tires!!!
:rlaugh: :rlaugh:

my gf would LOVE the phone number comment. :rolleyes:

Done deal. I'm getting 10s! :D

So is this a good tire size for 9s: 265/35 and 10s: 295/35?

I was looking into Yoko AVS ES100s, but the biggest they come in is 175/35 and I'm assuming 175 on a 10" rear rim won't work, right? :bs:

Everyone says go BFG KDW, but they are also $75 more per tire and I've heard nothing but great things of the yokos.

I agree with all the logical stuff stated above, but I also like the fact that the 10" rims have such a deep wheel lip. Makes the car have a much meaner stance. I hope the UPS man delivered mine today.

I got black FR500s and they came yesterday. I ordered them from Pro3 and got the 10% discount. They came out to about the same price as MustangTuning after shipping, but they were backordered. Anyway, they look really slick. Unfortunately, neither Pro3 or MustangTuning sells tires, so I have them on the way. Hopefully, I will get the ProKit and rims installed next week. Once I get everything straight I'll post pics.

The chrome Y2K Cobra rims will look great on your car. I saw a white vert at MustangWeek with those rims. The top was down, but it was really sharp.

To get back on topic. The 10" rims look much meaner than the 9" just sitting in my living room. I can't wait to get them on the car. I didn't measure it, but the lip has to be a good 2" deep. Not being able to rotate tires isn't a big deal to me. I haven't had a car were you could rotate tires since '95.

By the way I ordered Falken 451 tires in 265/35 and 285/35. Not the best tires you could buy, but I've had them on other cars and liked them. Plus I only drive the Stang in good weather unless I get caught in the rain.

I stopped at a tire shop Saturday because I saw them putting FR500s on a Mustang and wanted to see what size they were using. The guy told me the rims were great, but not to use the BFG tires. He has had problems with vibration in the fronts. They put it on the machine and it indicated he needed new tires and the tires are new. Anyway, I looked closer and I think they read "KDW", but I do know they had "g-sport" on the sidewall.

My BMW came with Yokos and I've never liked them. One thing is for sure, they usually don't last long.

Well I need all-weather tires. I heard mixed reviews on Yokos. My friend has 20k on his and loves them to death. He drives an SE-R though, not a stang. The BFG KDW though I've heard amazing things about, but for close to $75 more per tire, idk...