19'' wheels ???

robg860

Mar 2, 2004
Hi, I wondered if anyone has tried 19 inch wheels on the 99+ GT's. I saw some that looked like the 2005 GT wheel but one inch larger. The tires would be 285-35-19 on the back, and 245-40-19 on the front. Would it handle ok?? THere is a fit guarantee from the company so it should be ok in the back. I only drive 2-3,000 miles per year on this car. Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

I have 18's and there was a noticeable drop off in performance. Fit wise I'm sure they will work but, you better have some HP to make up for the extra weight. I would also suggest some aftermarket brakes to stop those big boys.

I think that 19's look good in some instances, like my buddy's ride..... :nice:
detaildaymay04_044.jpg

Go for it...

GTvert01 said:
Sweet rides, but aren't all those stickers on the windshield a little distracting?
No choice on those. 2 of them are required by TX law, 1 required by the military installation I work on, and the other is needed to keep me from getting speeding tickets (Fire Dept. union sticker) :nice:

The Red one with the 19s is mine. Thanks for posting it Lawrence.

Anyway no problem with the 19s. Mine were custom built but as long as you have a gaurantee you should be fine. I am running 295/35/19 in back and 275/30/19 in front. However if I ever put my suspension on I will need to roll the fenders to protect against rubbing just in case

Dan

I was in the market for 19s a couple months back. There is a girl locally with 20s and they horrendous and overly large. I figured 19s could be borderline too large and everyone knows that 18s looks good, so that's what I got and I am happy with them.

Ryan L said:
I was in the market for 19s a couple months back. There is a girl locally with 20s and they horrendous and overly large. I figured 19s could be borderline too large and everyone knows that 18s looks good, so that's what I got and I am happy with them.

Ya it definately depends on the wheel. most people cant tell mine are 19's. When they look close and see the 19 on the wheel they're like "wow"

Plus I got a GOOD discount on mine :D