19 years and counting

IIGood

Founding Member
Aug 1, 1998
Churchton, MD
Today marks the 19th "anniversary" of owning my 2003 GT.

20220621_074925.jpg

I bought it new on June 21st, 2003 and been loving it ever since. It was my daily for its first 11 years but now only gets driven when conditions are clear. It has just shy of 191K miles on it.

Reactions: 3 users
  • Sponsors (?)

With 191k on it, it has been a damn good car for you
Proud of you for keeping it long enough to get your moneys worth out of it
200k is a big birthday for a car
Buy it new chains and tensioners or something nice

Reactions: 1 user
That's awesome that you've had it since new for so long. We were the second owner of our Bullitt, starting in 2004. But it has stayed in the family since...from us then to my dad then to my brother and now back to us. Sitting at just over 188K miles. Yours is in much better condition than ours is... at least for now. ;-)

bought new in '99 - I hope to learn how to work a manual shift car soon so I can drive it

I was the same way. Didn't know how to drive a manual, yet it was a requirement for me when I bought it. My dad had to drive it home from the dealer for me! I had to go to work for the day after that, so the next day we went out and I figured it out. Took me just a couple days before I was completely comfortable with it and the rest is history.

I was the same way. Didn't know how to drive a manual, yet it was a requirement for me when I bought it. My dad had to drive it home from the dealer for me! I had to go to work for the day after that, so the next day we went out and I figured it out. Took me just a couple days before I was completely comfortable with it and the rest is history.
it was a poor attempt at humor ... I learned to drive in a 3 speed column shift '57 station wagon. the first automatic I ever drove was in drivers-ed. back in '68. at the start I was easily the worst driver in the bunch never having drove a car with power everything and an automatic. our family vehicles were all manual everything till '70 when Dad bought Mom's Buick - pwr. steering, brakes, seats, windows, automatic with a/c ... we were living the high-life