190 LPH fuel pump

tording

Founding Member
Nov 11, 2000
Hampton, VA
I have a 190 LPH fuel pump that I have had for a few years. I originally had it in my 91 GT I had then I eventually upgraded to an external Aeromotive A1000 fuel pump. When I took the 190 pump out I put it in storage and it has been there for the past 2 or so years. Well I know have a 92 LX and I want to put that 190 LPH fuel pump in since I have it but I am not 100% sure its still good. It has been in storage and prior to that was only used for about 1 1/2 years. What do you think? Would I be ok to throw this 190 LPH pump in?

• Sponsors (?)

its a return style fuel system you could run a 12343034374938 LPH pump and it would run the same as stock. i bought a 190 lph pump a while back, but now i am planning on a SC in the distant future. i wish i had gone with the 255, i will probably have to buy one lol.

Well I know that the 190 pump is more than enough for the mods I will be running anytime in the next year. I was just a little curious about the pump itself since its been in storage for a while if it would still be ok. Anyway you guys know of safely testing it to see if it still pumps? I was thinking hook 12v up to it from the battery but afraid that will burn it up.

I hope you were kidding when you told him to stick it in a bucket of gasoline and "spark it up". You just explained the perfect scenario for burning your face off! Hook it up to a 12 volt source for a couple of seconds,(submerged in nothing!) this won't hurt it. If it turns on it's probably ok.